36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @der_ketzer said: I wouldn't want to play this.
    It looks depressing.
    The Atmosphere reminds me of Full Pipe. I don't know why it does. But I really hated Full Pipe. Thank god there was a demo for Full Pipe so I did not accidentely buy it.

I agree. But I don't know what Full Pipe is.

World of Goo was pure awesome, but I didn't like the depressing bits, I just liked the music and gameplay. Stuff that tries to be too symbolic and depressing normally ruins it, and the gameplay in this looks bleh.

Let's wait for a review, but I don't think it will be any good.

• I'm starting to get really annoyed by the attitude that things that aren't all rainbows and sunshine along gumdrop lane are suddenly bad. Especially in the case of things like World of Goo and Machinarium, which seem to take it in such a lighthearted and amazingly stylistic way that it's so hard not to fall in love with the world presented to us.

Things don't always have to be an upbeat, slapstick comedy to be entertaining.

• It looks beautiful but I think the lack of dialogue will put me off.

• @Rather Dashing said: I'm starting to get really annoyed by the attitude that things that aren't all rainbows and sunshine along gumdrop lane are suddenly bad. Especially in the case of things like World of Goo and Machinarium, which seem to take it in such a lighthearted and amazingly stylistic way that it's so hard not to fall in love with the world presented to us.

Things don't always have to be an upbeat, slapstick comedy to be entertaining.

Nah, they don't. But this looks pretty depressing, and I like a bit of hope in a story. That being said, I really enjoyed Corpse Bride etc, but I think alot of these things are too artistic and symbolic for their own good.

Let's wait for a review.

• Machinarium is one of the games I am really looking forward to at the moment. It looks like an amazingly atmospheric game.

• @Bagge said: Machinarium is one of the games I am really looking forward to at the moment. It looks like an amazingly atmospheric game.

He said it better than I could.

• I really hope it comes together well. The art style is FREAKING AMAZING.

• @l0rddavid said: I really hope it comes together well. The art style is FREAKING AMAZING.

And depressing...

Reminds me of a book thing you had to do for the basic skills test in year 3, it was called The Thing, and it looked exactly the same as this.

• We need more depressing adventures. More serious adventures. Or at least less comedic adventures. They're fun and all but there's too much of them. We need variety.

Add Comment