User Avatar Image

You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

posted by raycichocki on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

-When you see sword fighting in a movie you wonder if they're going to insult each other with rhyimg comebacks.

-You cringe at the idea of Monkey Kombat

-You think Guybrush is a legit name for your first born son

(add some of your own!)

233 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • - You understood the Grog XD joke.

• - When you went to watch the latest Harry Potter movie in the cinema dressed as Guybrush

• -You've actually crossed guys off your list of "men who are actually worth dating" because they've never played Monkey Island.

• - When you meet your girlfriend after drugging her dogs
    - When your girlfriend catches you in her room wearing drag
    - When your (now) ex-girlfriend is completely willing to let you hang to life by a thread as you tell her a story
    - and when turning her into a gold statue is no problem at all when considering your future life together.

• @Lennie Melvin said: Monthly!?! Is there going to be another one next month? Pleeeeasse say yes :D

Well... let's see... Three months, three ToMI episodes (we're waiting for the third one), and we made three Monkey Island tributes along with three "I wonder what happens" episodes...
    What do YOU think? :)

• @raycichocki said: -You've actually crossed guys off your list of "men who are actually worth dating" because they've never played Monkey Island.

Wow, now That is Dedication! anyway, here are two.

-When you've memorized ALL the insults for insult sword fighting.
    -When you can sing ALL of Guybrush's barber shop quartet tryout songs by heart.

• @Silverwolfpet said: Well... let's see... Three months, three ToMI episodes (we're waiting for the third one), and we made three Monkey Island tributes along with three "I wonder what happens" episodes...
    What do YOU think? :)

I think you should do at least 5 every month. In fact I think you should be locked in a room and made to produce Monkey Island tributes, Monday Kerr episodes and musicals endlessly 'till the end of time.

That's what I think.

• @Lennie Melvin said: I think you should do at least 5 every month. In fact I think you should be locked in a room and made to produce Monkey Island tributes, Monday Kerr episodes and musicals endlessly 'till the end of time.

That's what I think.

Ummm... thank you, Lennie. That's... sweet of you.

*slides unnoticeably outside and runs home*

• @Silverwolfpet said: Ummm... thank you, Lennie. That's... sweet of you.

*slides unnoticeably outside and runs home*

*Enlists Morgan LeFlay to hunt SilverWolfPet down*

- You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when you send Monkey Island characters to hunt down other Monkey Island fans you meet on Monkey Island forums

• - when you can't order an actual Grog without yelling a loud YAAAARGH!

- when you have a copy of the first three games on all your digital devices.

- when you ask your death-insurance guy what the price is of a "Cozy Crypt"

- when you know the ways of finishing all the games without the need of actual adventuring or refering to a walkthrough

Add Comment