User Avatar Image

The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

posted by Junaid on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 55.2K users

For those of you who were not a part of the Monkey Island community back in the days, there was a lot of fanart, as can be seen here

I don't know about you guys but I got inspired right away when I saw the Tales of Monkey Island footage and I've been sketching like a madman the past two days.

Any artists in here? I'm curious if we'll see some new ecxiting work. And I of course hope dat some old favorites like Ado will come back to make some more masterpieces :)

2.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Here are a couple of Guybrush pictures I did. As you can see, I used no reference, but I think they came out pretty good. Both of these MAY contain spoilers.
    Yeah, I'll try and get some REAL art up soon. ^.^
    http://dragonfangirl.deviantart.com/art/Sketch-dump-5-137707525
    http://dragonfangirl.deviantart.com/art/Cookie-137705862

• @Lennie Melvin said: But that is amazing! I love how you drew Elaine... maybe you could colour it in? :D

Why, thank you! :) I'm quite content with Elaine myself, it was Guybrush that came out rather ugly. Yeah, maybe I'll color it some day, once I figure out how to improve Guybrush, and of course, I'll need time and muse to do it.

@Lennie Melvin said: That is not a very ugly sketch. That is not even a remotely ugly sketch.

Thank you! That's the second biggest compliment I've ever received! :D

@Lennie Melvin said: Guybrush and Elaine look Australian, though

I never even knew people could look Australian...? :confused: Or cartoon / video game characters for that matter.

@doodo!: Nice portraits! I look forward to seeing your portraits of Guybrush and Elaine soon! :)

@Lennie Melvin said: Here are a couple of Guybrush pictures I did. As you can see, I used no reference, but I think they came out pretty good. Both of these MAY contain spoilers.
    Yeah, I'll try and get some REAL art up soon. ^.^
    http://dragonfangirl.deviantart.com/art/Sketch-dump-5-137707525
    http://dragonfangirl.deviantart.com/art/Cookie-137705862

Those are cute, yet kinda... too manga. :p But I like the concepts, keep it up! ;)

• Danke!

LOL interesting stuff Maxy, I like it, sort of trippy, very imaginative.

• @tbm1986 said: No. If someone else has praised something I like already, I don't feel the need to comment unless I have something new to contribute.

You should artists are like puppies they aim to please if someone likes their stuff they want to hear it... artists share their stuff to please others or we wouldn't bother doing art for free on fan sites....

But there is a place for constructive criticism too... I personally do not like ragging on peoples skill level because that isn't fair... but lets say someone makes Guybrush's coat green its ok to say "hey I'm pretty sure GB has always worn blue coats."

But skill level takes practice some art here I have seen and thought yuck but you know what at least they are sharing and getting some tips and not giving up.... and I'm sure some people with more skills than I have thought the same about my art.

• I couldn’t resist. :D

After the end of Episode 2 and the third “I wonder what happens” I’ve felt the urge to draw some fan art!

tomi_whatsthat.jpg

In this sketch, Guybrush, Morgan and Winslow are looking at something inside the giant manatee…

• @EllisonPav said: In this sketch, Guybrush, Morgan and Winslow are looking at something inside the giant manatee…

Is it meaty and dangerous? :D

Awesome sketch though...I like that a lot :)

• @Irishmile said: You should artists are like puppies they aim to please if someone likes their stuff they want to hear it... artists share their stuff to please others or we wouldn't bother doing art for free on fan sites....

But there is a place for constructive criticism too... I personally do not like ragging on peoples skill level because that isn't fair... but lets say someone makes Guybrush's coat green its ok to say "hey I'm pretty sure GB has always worn blue coats."

But skill level takes practice some art here I have seen and thought yuck but you know what at least they are sharing and getting some tips and not giving up.... and I'm sure some people with more skills than I have thought the same about my art.

In that case...

I've enjoyed almost all of the drawings and art styles in this thread!

• yes it is... maybe it's a... huge uvula? :D

• @EllisonPav said: I couldn’t resist. :D

After the end of Episode 2 and the third “I wonder what happens” I’ve felt the urge to draw some fan art!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/ellisonpav/tomi_whatsthat.jpg

In this sketch, Guybrush, Morgan and Winslow are looking at something inside the giant manatee…

I like the conversion you've done to old 20th century B&W film style. It's turned out really well.

• bravo EllisonPav I like it bunches

Add Comment