User Avatar Image

Which Monkey Island game was your first?

posted by dvibe on - last edited - Viewed by 770 users

I did search the forum first to see if there were a similar thread, but I didn't find any. So hopefully this is the first thread where this is polled.

Which Monkey Island game did you play first, ever?

49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sorry for some grammar errors :P. English is not my native tounge.

• Your grammar is fine. Especially considering what native speakers do to the language when they post on the internet, I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't mention it. :)

My first Monkey Island was the first Monkey Island, the way it really should be.

• First one was Monkey Island 2 maybe in 1998 or before... I can't really remember. Then when my dad finally allowed me to surf the net I managed to get CoMI demo and kept watching EfMI screens and I kinda went on illegal ways to get my hands on SoMI (If they were still selling those old games at that time I would be happy to buy one). Then I got EfMI when they used to package pc games in large lovely boxes (sadly, my mom threw that large box without knowing how valuable it is to me :( ). last game was CoMI, when I luckily found somebody that had the game.

Of course now every one can buy all the games in single one package. but in my days, finding a monkey game is an adventure itself :p

• Curse. The first 2 were made before me. ;_;
    Although I managed to snag the first two about five years ago

• SMI in English, EGA.

I'm mentioning English, because I'm Austrian, so my mother tongue is not English, but German. I was quite young back then and played it with my dad who translated everything for me.
    SMI is the reason why I started to learn English.

• In order of me originally playing them:

SMI demo -> CMI demo -> EMI demo -> SMI -> CMI -> MI2 -> EMI -> TMI

That's spread out over quite a few years, I never actually played the full games until around 2001.

• Maybe I should make a comment aswell, since I actually started the thread. The first game for me was in fact Curse, but I'm old enough to have been able to play the first ones aswell. My brother played both Secret and Revenge, back in its original days.

So the order would be Curse -> Secret -> Revenge -> Escape -> Tales ..

All english/international versions.. (well, Wally has always been called Wally for me, and not Waldo as the british version apparently has been called..(?))

• @dvibe said: Maybe I should make a comment aswell, since I actually started the thread. The first game for me was in fact Curse, but I'm old enough to have been able to play the first ones aswell. My brother played both Secret and Revenge, back in its original days.

So the order would be Curse -> Secret -> Revenge -> Escape -> Tales ..

All english/international versions.. (well, Wally has always been called Wally for me, and not Waldo as the british version apparently has been called..(?))

I'm not sure that's right... he's always been Wally to me too and I'm in England. 'Where's Wally' is 'Where's Waldo' in America.

• I played them in the right order =]

Add Comment