User Avatar Image

Any chance of a continuous play option when the last chapter is released?

posted by Pak-Man on - last edited - Viewed by 259 users

Given the cliffhanger nature of this series, is there any chance we'll be able to play chapters 1-5 as a single game once they're all out? Skip the credits (But keep the title cards) and sew together the ends and you have a full-length Monkey Island adventure game. Longish, even!

Or is it like- WAY harder than that and I'm asking too much of Telltale?

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They're essentially 5 different games. There would definitely be a fair bit of work involved with sewing them all together. You'd lose the Voodoo lady opening cutscenes, though, which are nice.

• And the credits in Ep 3 are very enjoyable, in a "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" type fashion.

• This has been discussed. It probably won't happen because it would take a bit of extra rejiggering, but most seem to agree it's a good idea.

I especially think they should do it for the retail release, because that market is going to be much more responsive to the idea of a single game instead of episodes. For the bonus disc it's not as big a deal since we're re-playing our online serial experience, but I think they'll make more money at retail if the join them together.

• Yepp, if they made a single game for the retail disc I would buy it too :)

• They should do it like a DVD have the option to "play all" or play an episode separate and when you play an episode on its own you'll get the Voodoo Lady openings.

• It would be extremely easy for them to cut all the episodes together for the final DVD release. I have no idea why anyone would think any different.

If anything, those Voodoo Lady intros & the end credits have been added on after. Chop them off & it would be an extremely simple edit to make it one big game. If TT don't do this for the pre-order DVD, I'll eat my hat.

Not worried about losing the intros or the credits myself. I have them all on my hard drive with the original downloads after all.

One big, seemless MI game for us pre-orderers please Telltale. Thank yooooooouuu! :)

• Well even without the tarot recap, the ends and the beginnings don't fit seamlessly. They will have to do a bit of editing, and maybe even rewrite the score a little to make it fit. It's not a herculean effort, but it's something they'd have to invest time into.

• @Frogacuda said: Well even without the tarot recap, the ends and the beginnings don't fit seamlessly. They will have to do a bit of editing, and maybe even rewrite the score a little to make it fit. It's not a herculean effort, but it's something they'd have to invest time into.

Have you been playing the same game as me? It would be a very easy edit. A simple camera change to a persons reaction for example, but the sound would be the easiest, seeing as the same situation is happening at the beginning & at the end of the conjoining episodes.

If you know just a tiny bit about editing, you would know how simple it is to do. It's almost laughable.

• It was suggested for the first Sam and Max series. I think it was explained that it was, in short, impossible. Cannot be done.

Well, I guess that it could be done, but it would almost be as easy to program it from skratch, what, with all the code that would need to be rewritten and redirected and added and removed and what not. To suggest that it is a simple question of editing, that is just silly.

• @a3HeadedMonkey said: Have you been playing the same game as me? It would be a very easy edit. A simple camera change to a persons reaction for example, but the sound would be the easiest, seeing as the same situation is happening at the beginning & at the end of the conjoining episodes.

If you know just a tiny bit about editing, you would know how simple it is to do. It's almost laughable.

I really don't think it is that easy. What exactly do you mean with editing? I don't think it is like copy and paste in a text file, or editing a video or audio file.

Besides changing the intros and credits of the games, many more changes could be needed to make it work. I have no Idea if their tool works with some kind of Object IDs, but if it does, and there are ID conflicts between games, then many Objects and Scripts in all the games need to be changed, too. Maybe even Filenames of textures, speech and music files...

Add Comment