User Avatar Image

Any chance of a continuous play option when the last chapter is released?

posted by Pak-Man on - last edited - Viewed by 176 users

Given the cliffhanger nature of this series, is there any chance we'll be able to play chapters 1-5 as a single game once they're all out? Skip the credits (But keep the title cards) and sew together the ends and you have a full-length Monkey Island adventure game. Longish, even!

Or is it like- WAY harder than that and I'm asking too much of Telltale?

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm signing up behind the "one big game" idea. Besides selling much better on retail it would be pretty fun to play it all together. This game was always meant as a continuous adventure and sewing the episodes together to make a "Director's cut" would only improve the quality of the game. As for the Voodoo lady openings and credits, they can be kept as a bonus. Or maybe even the episodic versions can be included on the DVD as well for those who prefer it like that.

• As a video edit it would be easy. As in-engine cutscene it's relatively straightforward but would still take some working.

• @a3HeadedMonkey said: If you know just a tiny bit about editing, you would know how simple it is to do. It's almost laughable.

Depending on how the next two episodes end maybe, you also have to look at it from an artistic stand-point, when you buy a mini-series on DVD there's (not to my knowledge at any rate) an option to watch it all as one on any i've ever seen. the games are inteneded as episodic even though there is a big story-arc and all. Plus as Telltales make no money on the DVD's (actually they lose money i'm sure what with the pressing and all that compared to people who stick with the downloads only) it's not really financially a great way to use resources, if I was running the show I certainly wouldn't bother, from a business standpoint

• @JedExodus said: Plus as Telltales make no money on the DVD's (actually they lose money i'm sure what with the pressing and all that compared to people who stick with the downloads only)

I would guess they budget for the cost of the DVDs in the price of the download, although I obviously can't speak for them.

• This is one of those things that looks like it would be incredibly easy to do but totally isn't. Sorta like doing a new 2D adventure game. That said, I'm not saying this won't ever happen, I'm just saying that it isn't exactly a small change.

• @doggans said: I would guess they budget for the cost of the DVDs in the price of the download, although I obviously can't speak for them.

Aye, but my point being there's no financial incentive to do it really when there's 5 fully functional games there, they'll need all their manpower/womanpower/peoplepower/flowerpower for S&M Season 3 or whatever the next project may be

EDIT: Though looking at Will's comment fills me with hope :)

• @Will said: This is one of those things that looks like it would be incredibly easy to do but totally isn't. Sorta like doing a new 2D adventure game. That said, I'm not saying this won't ever happen, I'm just saying that it isn't exactly a small change.

If I told you that I love you & I will send you my entire wage packet each month, would that help?

I REALLY want this!! :(

I'm sure I speak for most here by saying we are prepared to pay for the game as well as the shipping if such a financial change was needed.

• I'm voting on 'sewing it together' but I understand if it weren't to happen.

• they should put the voodoo lady scenes and maybe the credits in an "extras" folder along with majus movies - so they wont get lost, but still dont stand a full game not in the way.

• Weird, I was thinking of creating the same exact thread. lol

Add Comment