User Avatar Image

Why is it taking so long for it to be released for xbla?

posted by Brian, Mighty Pirate on - last edited - Viewed by 679 users

i got 1600 ms points back in july for the last resort and muzzled and it is almost october. has it just been cancled? i would get it on PC but my computer is not good enough to play the graphics

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Brian, Mighty Pirate said: i got 1600 ms points back in july for the last resort and muzzled and it is almost october. has it just been cancled? i would get it on PC but my computer is not good enough to play the graphics

Not cancelled, The Last Resort should be out very soon I would guess.

• I'm also eagerly waiting for the release of the next Wallace & Gromit episodes on XBLA.
    The Wii already has the second episode of Tales of Monkey Island.

From a commercial point of view I can understand this move by Telltale. The popular Monkey Island series will lead to a larger income, than the not so popular Wallace & Gromit series.

But as a big Wallace & Gromit fan I'm really angry, that there is not even an official announcement by Telltale/Microsoft if/when we can expect the release of the last 3 WG episodes.

• @fake0815 said: I'm also eagerly waiting for the release of the next Wallace & Gromit episodes on XBLA.
    The Wii already has the second episode of Tales of Monkey Island.

From a commercial point of view I can understand this move by Telltale. The popular Monkey Island series will lead to a larger income, than the not so popular Wallace & Gromit series.

But as a big Wallace & Gromit fan I'm really angry, that there is not even an official announcement by Telltale/Microsoft if/when we can expect the release of the last 3 WG episodes.

Well, a couple weeks ago Major Nelson said episode 2 would be going up, and then retracted it after TTG contacted him I guess. So it seems like it will be really soon, but who knows when?

• Telltale has no control over the release of the XBLA episodes. Microsoft does, and I'm guessing since the first episode didn't go over so well, they're going to push out a few high profile money makers and get around to The Last Resort whenever.

• @ Gibbeynator

Yes, that's what I also think. But it is really sad, that games like
    ION Assault, The Warrios:Street Brawl or Zombie Apocalypse are nowadays more popular than an adventure game like W&G. :(

• Wait a minute - XBLA only has 1 episode of Wallace and Gromit available? Wow...I didn't know that.
    One more reason why I'll always love PC gaming best.

• This thread has a link to some possible extra info... it's just a shame that our superb leaders couldn't tell us directly. I guess Chimpanzee Archipelago is the #1 son, afterall!

• Oh, wow. I thought at least episode TWO was out on XBLA.

I am SO glad that PC releases weren't held back by the console dates like they were for SBCG4AP. I guess this is the sort of thing you get when you're dealing with a monolithic, uncaring middleman.

• I heard it was the Summer of Arcade's fault. Either way, blame Microsoft.

• Well it's nearly the winter of arcade...

Add Comment