User Avatar Image

Where can I find Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge?

posted by shovell on - last edited - Viewed by 814 users

Been playing Tales of Monkey Island - which I love :)

In-between chapters I bought the Lucas Arts remake of the first Monkey Island...

I know really want to play Monkey Island 2 again... I only have it on floppy disk and I know that my computer wouldn't like the game cause its too old.

Is there anywhere I can download the old game, and an emulator in order to play it on?

Any help or advice on where to look appreciated ^.^

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @shovell said: Been playing Tales of Monkey Island - which I love :)

In-between chapters I bought the Lucas Arts remake of the first Monkey Island...

I know really want to play Monkey Island 2 again... I only have it on floppy disk and I know that my computer wouldn't like the game cause its too old.

Is there anywhere I can download the old game, and an emulator in order to play it on?

No legal downloads of it knocking about that I know of untill Lucasarts decide to reissue it, eBay's probably your best bet. ScummVM will run the game perfectly though if you do get a hold of it

• Scummvm. Google it. download it. win.

• User Avatar Image
    jmm

You can always look in Ebay for used copies, unfortunately you won't get "download" instructions here.

If you have the original disks you can use DOSBox (A DOS Emulator) and run the game.

• @jmm said: If you have the original disks you can use DOSBox (A DOS Emulator) and run the game.

You can play MI2 with the original floppy discs using SCUMMVM as well, so long as you've got a floppy drive. You'd probably need to copy all the data from the floppy discs to a single folder on your computer, but once its all there you can play it using the SCUMMVM just by pointing it at the folder.

Else your best bet would be taking a look on Ebay or Google!

• I think it's safe to assume they'll do an HD remake of MI2 eventually or at least put up the original game as it was on Steam/XBLA, so you could always hold out for that.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you're stuck looking through eBay, and the games don't exactly go for cheap these days.

• if you're a pirate then illegaly download it aaaarrrr!! :D

• @Geypi said: if you're a pirate then illegaly download it aaaarrrr!! :D

I used to know a guy who did that once. He ended up with one less kidney and two halves of his spleen shoved down his throat.

:)

• User Avatar Image
    jmm

@Geypi said: if you're a pirate then illegaly download it aaaarrrr!! :D

Sarcasm? ... Let's hope

If anyone missed it, in plain text:
    "Do not download pirated copies"
    "Do not encourage others to download pirated copies"
    "Do not tell others how to download pirated copies"

And if you still have doubts: read the Terms of Service. Part "D".

• @shovell said: Been playing Tales of Monkey Island - which I love :)

Here you go. If you can't buy a game anywhere, then pirating it is fine with me. Especially as it's a pirate game. If it was on steam, or you could buy it legitimately, then I would be against this. But no matter how you obtain it, no money goes to the original developers. So it's not theft in my book. Plus, you already paid for it before.

Run it in ScummVM

http://www.emuparadise.org/ScummVM_Games/Games-Starting-With-M/21

Download whatever version suits your needs.

• No need to pirate it if you have your original install disks.

IIRC the original game had an installer that reassembled files that were too large to fit on a single floppy.

Use DOSbox to run the installer, and get the actual files out ( http://www.dosbox.com/ ). Then use the ScummVM to run the game on your new computer ( http://www.scummvm.org/ ) (I can confirm that this works on Vista 64-bit, XP 32-bit and Vista 32-bit)

Add Comment