User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

posted by David E on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users

It's live!

Discuss your findings in here.

738 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sorry to interrupt your creative streak, but I have a question to which I couldn't find an answer throughout this topic.

So I went treasure hunting today and after achieving the first two prizes, I played with the Tiki until I found all the prizes. Although I noticed that the treasure map slots were decreasing, it was only after I read through this topic that I found out I was only supposed to find four maps until now. Will there be more than 10 maps, and if so, is there any way to undo the disappearance of the slots? Or even to reset the treasure hunt, as someone suggested earlier in the topic?

Thank ye kindly, scallywags :D

• @FedaykinRo said: Sorry to interrupt your creative streak, but I have a question to which I couldn't find an answer throughout this topic.

So I went treasure hunting today and after achieving the first two prizes, I played with the Tiki until I found all the prizes. Although I noticed that the treasure map slots were decreasing, it was only after I read through this topic that I found out I was only supposed to find four maps until now. Will there be more than 10 maps, and if so, is there any way to undo the disappearance of the slots? Or even to reset the treasure hunt, as someone suggested earlier in the topic?

Thank ye kindly, scallywags :D

Send an email to the support team (support@telltalegames.com) and apologise for being a very naughty boy. They might be lenient enough to reset the treasure hunt page.

• @Thiftweed Fancy Pants said: Cookie?

Just kidding. I've figured out what the problem was - thanks for the help.

Okay.... since I have the same problem (ESK'RGOH showing up on the site but not in game), would you care to share your solution with the rest of the class?

~edit~
    Ooookay, now I realize my mistake. I didn't look at the name of the first map, so for some reason I assumed the "Fudgebeard's Beginner's Map" was the same one I'd already completed, when it's actually the map for ESK'RGOH. Move along, people, nothing to see here.

• @Derwin said: Found two... am I missing anything to get more maps? Will continue to investigate, but great idea guys!!!

I got the 2nd idol, however when downloading the avatars.zip file it appears that this file is corrupted... Errormessage when opening zip: \avatars.zip: unecpected end of archive

• wait...how many maps are out?

• @Nesian-*-mystyK said: I got the 2nd idol, however when downloading the avatars.zip file it appears that this file is corrupted... Errormessage when opening zip: \avatars.zip: unecpected end of archive

You might want to try downloading using a different browser. I had the same problem when using Internet Explorer 7 (which the game launched even though it isn't my default browser). No problems with Firefox, though.

Edit: See this thread for another solution.

• Except the first 2 prices, are any others activated in order to begin the hunt treasure again?

• The treasure unlockable through Map #8 is amazing!
    THANKS TELLTALE TEAM!!

I really hope to see Chapter II in the future, as there are still 2 empty slots (#9 and #10)

and maybe another bonus could be made availble for people who pre-ordered the limited DVD... :D ...LOYAL FANS!:)

• @air wave pirat said: I can't get 3,4,5,6 maps!:(

Are you using PC or Wii?

Add Comment