User Avatar Image

Only 2 more episodes of ToMI :(

posted by GrimmGhost on - last edited - Viewed by 635 users

Untill today we could always say "Hey! we'r not even in half of this greate title! ther is so much to come!" Now.. we have less and less of MI waiting for us.. until some day... it wil end :( and WHOT THEN!

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I quite honestly had heard of tale tell games prior to Monkey Island, but had never given them a serious look until I heard TMI was being released. Being the MI fanboy that I am, I immediately purchased. Now, not only do I have TMI, but have purchased both Sam and Max seasons, and after loving them thoroughly, will be definitely purchasing season 3 when it is available.

Tale Tell itself brought me in as a MI fanboy, but has kept me further through their great products. I have been thoroughly impressed by their work and they likely have a customer for life. However, when Lucas Arts released SMI:SE, I didn't (nor have I yet) jumped to buy it. LA lost a bit of my respect when they abandoned the franchises they had brought into this world. Now, that isn't to say that I wouldn't buy Grim Fandango or a new Monkey Island game, should it appear...but it will make me pause for a moment.

All in all, Tell Tale's move to bring TMI here is a genius one, if my story is any indication, and LA would be fools to screw up this rebirth of Monkey Island, and other possible dead adventure gaming prospects.

• From what I've seen so far with Chapter One I'd look forward to a Chapter 2 of TOMI. But if Lucasarts, Telltale or Dominic Armato don't want to do it (which I doubt but ya neverknow) I'll be grateful with just Season One seeing how it's been almost Nine Years since I've played a new Monkey Island game.

• In Order for me to purchase the Next Monkey Island "Adventure, There must be One constant.

Dominic Armato as Guybrush: This really is non-negotiable at this point, 4 games (including the SE) under his belt, anyone else voiceing our Mighty Pirate would just be wrong.

From there it Diverges:

TellTale: For me to buy the next MI, TTG must be the ones that make it. I have never been let down by a TTG game, and I don;t think it would start in our next piratey outing. They have always proven that they aren't going to do something if they can't make it exceptional. They have shown, at least to me they GET monkey Island and it's humor. I'd preorder it on Day 1.

LucasArts: If LA announce they are doing the next Outing I will hold my horses. I won't go near an order button until I have seen reviews, Concept art maybe even Gameplay footage. Mainly because the current LA team is well.. Unproven.. at what they do. I LOVE me some Monkey Island, but I'm not willing to get suckered into something like EMI again.

• I would like to see "Tales of MI 2" as well. Another cool idea would be to make the next Sam&Max an ongoing continuous story in chapters like TOMI is, as opposed to a season of episodes, like seasons 1 and 2 were.

• Another ToMI would be great, but it would have to be from Telltale; if it was made by Lucasarts themselves I would wait for a bargain before giving it a chance.

Only thing I dislike about Telltales is the episodic concept. When I am just getting into it again, the chapter ends and I have to wait 6 weeks. I know it can´t be helped, that´s the company´s business-model, but it is still ToMI´s only flaw for me.

• @108 Stars said: Another ToMI would be great, but it would have to be from Telltale; if it was made by Lucasarts themselves I would wait for a bargain before giving it a chance.

Only thing I dislike about Telltales is the episodic concept. When I am just getting into it again, the chapter ends and I have to wait 6 weeks. I know it can´t be helped, that´s the company´s business-model, but it is still ToMI´s only flaw for me.

You could just wait 5 months and play it as soon as the final chapter comes out and pretend it wasn't out until then, heh.

• @Pale Man said: You could just wait 5 months and play it as soon as the final chapter comes out and pretend it wasn't out until then, heh.

That´s what I was actually planning at first.:)
    I thought I´d buy the season shortly before chapter 5 comes and play it like one big game...but then I played the demo and couldn´t wait. So I bought ToMI on Talk-like-a-pirate-day...I was too weak...:p

• Maybe we should start the letter campaign now to get Lucasarts to hire TTG for a second game.

LucasArts
    P.O. Box 29908
    San Francisco, CA 94129-0908

• I too would prefer future Monkey Island games to be made by Telltale, whether episodic (as is most likely) or full length.

• @BobTGoldfish said: In Order for me to purchase the Next Monkey Island "Adventure, There must be One constant.

Dominic Armato as Guybrush:

I would play a non-Armato MI. I would like it a lot less, be bickering about it the whole game. But I would play it. And then I'd complain about it infinitely. Then I'd buy the sequel.

Add Comment