User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Speech Project Birthday Bonanza

posted by Tea on - last edited - Viewed by 181 users

Tomorrow the Monkey Island Speech Project will be one year old. While I'm no longer involved with the project, I can confirm that something will be happening.

It may be big, it may be small. But something's happening. Watch this space.

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Tea

Ugh. You're not worth the time. I'm not closing the project for 3 or 4 douchebags.

• User Avatar Image
    Tea

Ok you're alright now, the lovely people of #monkey-island just caused the project to stop indefinitely.

• @TheJoe said: Ok you're alright now, the lovely people of #monkey-island just caused the project to stop indefinitely.

By lovely people, I'm sure you just mean roberttitus.

roberttitus likes getting into fights. Just ignore him.

But still, closing it due to one person? Seems a bit...childish.

It would have been a good idea, but fandubs are never any good. The voice acting in the remake was really good, it's a shame they beat you guys to the punch. I didn't even know this project existed.

So you're not closing the project for 3 or 4 douchebags.... then 30min later you are.

Ok...

• User Avatar Image
    Tea

@Fury said: By lovely people, I'm sure you just mean roberttitus.

roberttitus likes getting into fights. Just ignore him.

But still, closing it due to one person? Seems a bit...childish.

It would have been a good idea, but fandubs are never any good. The voice acting in the remake was really good, it's a shame they beat you guys to the punch. I didn't even know this project existed.

So you're not closing the project for 3 or 4 douchebags.... then 30min later you are.

Ok...

He wasn't in #monkey-island. I got gangraped my the Mix 'n' Mojo people.

Anyway - if anyone else wants to carry this on tell Gabez I sent you and get the logins and FTP details and whatnot off him.

Ok anyway:
    Just come up with your own game instead of trying to get famous off of somebody else's.

Hmm I think Ron Gilbert wrote this game called The Secret of Monkey Island a few years ago. Some company called Lucasarts remade it.

I'd rather listen to a thousand cats all being slowly murdered at once than play through the Speech Project based on the voices I've heard from it so far.

Very appreciative. A lot of those actors were pursuing professional acting careers - I think you just put a few people off! Well done, Pale Man! Feel happy about yourself.

I could quote some more, but they weren't in this thread.

• @StarEye said: I'd love to see MI1 being hacked so that you can have the voices from the SE in the original. I'm sure there are some skilled enough people to do that.

This.

• Okay, if people on the TTG forum don't like the Speech Project, you're going to have a hard time finding people to play it. And how can the MI SE be bad? It's ten dollars, and you can play with the original graphics instead.

And you keep saying that you were the first to do this, like you own the concept for voice acting in monkey island. Well, incase you didn't notice, The Secret of Monkey Island belongs to lucasarts, not some fans who decided to add voices to the game.

• This whole thread reeks of unnecessary drama and I do not approve

Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

• I'm not sure why people are being so rude - it was a fantastic project that has been made largely inessential through no fault of the OP. Had the SE never existed most people here would be salivating over this fan-enhancement.

If they manage to finish it before some clever person hacks the SE to allow speech over the original graphics I'll certainly download it.

• @guitarsareboring said: I'm not sure why people are being so rude.

It is very simple really. He is rude & disrespectful towards the special edition on any chance that he gets. Look in any thread about it on here.... I guarantee you will find a post on there by him talking about how much it sucks. Thing is that he makes mostly unjustified arguements. For example... the voices suck. What is weird is that he seems to like them in Tales of Monkey Island (which might I add was recorded by many of the same actors just months apart). He whines because the OWNERS of the game released a voiced version before (& better than) his. I don't feel sympathy for someone who continually bashs a game that introduced thousands of people to the series & is loved by countless others who were already fans of the series just because they beat them to the punch. How could I? Furthermore for the amount of hate that this dude spews out... he can't seem to take it very well. I mean he constantly bashes the special edition, but the moment that somebody says anything remotely bad about his version... it is killing season. So say that I like to argue all you like.... I don't see it that way at all. I like to defend what I like & what I believe is right. Thing is... that I don't like the voices in his game just as many others on here don't... so I see no reason to sugarcoat it when he sure as hell doesn't.

Link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scjsFDFDwH0

• I haven't seen any of his anti-SE comments, but I haven't been looking.

But still, professional voice actors are gonna be better than these guys for sure. There's a reason why they're not professionals.

I would much rather see a hack of the SE with the new voices and old graphics over this, I just can't see them pulling it off. Even had the SE not existed, I think this still would have been a failure. Voice acting takes skill, and I doubt it would be up to standard.

Add Comment