Menu
User Avatar Image

How old are you guys? -- survey

posted by mill on - last edited - Viewed by 851 users

To me, I think the story is a bit too childish, something fifteen year olds would enjoy. Perhaps I am too old for this game (27), I dunno. So I'm kind of interested in how old you guys are who are playing the new game. My guess is 23-30, but I guess the stats will show.

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

I updated the poll for you.

• User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

Also, I voted.

• I'm 27. Loving the new S&M ( ¬_¬ ) although part 3 was far too easy (even for a casual, episodic title) and personally I think it could do with having a touch more variation to ring the changes and stop the structure getting stale. I'm not necessarily asking for the sort of point & click mind bending puzzles of old, but I would like to see more bits like the dream sequence from Ep.1 that became a stand out moment primarily it put a slightly different spin on the rest of the gameplay. Anyway, I bought the entire season so here's looking forward to a cracking closing half.

• I'm 38 and still loving Sam & Max. One of those who played "Hit the Road" and was thrilled when they were finally brought back.

And hey - it's nice to have some silly, irrelevent humor in a game nowadays. Games like "Grand Theft Auto" and their ilk are just too depressing.

• @Jake said: I updated the poll for you.

Thanks! .

• I'm 24, and I also don't think the Sam&Max games are too childish at all. Actually, I think part of the charm is how childish they seem on the surface, but how adult the jokes actually are.

• Thanks for your replies, and your input to the poll. I, and most of you other guys as it seems, am very happy to see the humour back in adventure games. The ones released for the past two or three years are usually of a more serious nature, and I miss the old funny ones, so I prefer this (in my opinion sort of childish) funny style over the serious. Still, it lacks punch, and I really hate the Soda Poppers =)

• I am 24, and don't find Telltale's Sam & Max to be childish. It's actually edgier than Sam & Max Hit the Road. In that game, you didn't even get a gun. Not that you need a gun to have a fun game, mind you.

• @mhaley said: I am 24, and don't find Telltale's Sam & Max to be childish. It's actually edgier than Sam & Max Hit the Road. In that game, you didn't even get a gun. Not that you need a gun to have a fun game, mind you.

Yes, the gun is a good addition to the game, too bad you don't get to use it very often. The cheese problem was very clever though.

Add Comment