User Avatar Image

anyone think that tales might introduce the first openly gay charecter in MI

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

I sorta get the vibe from the adult themed jokes and ennuendos (not a hate post I love thoes jokes ^^) that they might introudce an openly gay charecter unless they allready did with DeSinge..or the merfolk

141 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Katsuro said:
    I think in ToMI people are reading way to much into (for example) the "Isle of Ewe" joke or the dialogue with the merpeople.

My belly hurt of laughing hard at the "Isle of Ewe" joke, totally unexpected!

• I dunno if MI is a game that really deals with sexuality in more than a joking sense.

But maybe?

• Now that TellTale is actually adding some 'romantic depth' into the Monkey Island series, I wouldn't know what to expect :3

• I assumed Winslow was gay, more from the comment about needing a fake wife in Lair of the Leviathan than the Isle of Ewe thing. I don't think I heard the comely wench line. Maybe he's bisexual?

I don't expect the silly pirate series to deal with sexuality in depth, but non straight characters are an enjoyable bonus.

By the way, man who likes to wear women's clothing isn't necessarily gay. Most transvestites are straight.

• @Shwoo said:
    By the way, man who likes to wear women's clothing isn't necessarily gay. Most transvestites are straight.

guybrush22.gif

That clears everything up nicely.

• @Woodsyblue said: I doubt Van Winslow is gay. If anything he'd like The Todd on Scrubs, open for anything. And I mean anything!

He has seen some preety nasty things between bed sheets. :p

• I laughed out loud when someone above said

"if they are comfortable with the gays"

anywayyy

I don't think they need to explicitly state that it is one way or another, but perhaps a same sex relationship will come up. As it is a computer game I see it happening with two girls before two guys but you never know, the MI fanbase seems to be pretty open minded. I would be happy to see either CASUALLY inserted and not made fun of. They could be FUNNY but I would hope they didn't mock.

In all reality though they will probably stay away from it.

...though the lady at the docks in EMI / The Game the Shall Not Be Named was deffo a lesbo

• @yoshiwam said: But taking the whole "gay" subject seriously doesn't sell well in games-industry

What about Sims? They are coded to be bisexual, with the exception of Nintendo versions. It didn't stop them from having several addons sold and a successor as well. @yoshiwam said: That clears everything up nicely.I really never though about that scene in that way. Clearly by the comment when he ditches the dress, he did find this humiliating. It was just the only way to reach his beloved. In a sexual sense, though, the guard seemed to find him attractive that way.

• @DeLuca said: ...though the lady at the docks in EMI / The Game the Shall Not Be Named was deffo a lesbo

wait I thought she and Otis where bumping very uglys when you return to melee and find otis in her offace and Guybrush doesnt want to know what they where doing

Add Comment