Menu
User Avatar Image

OBJECTION! Phoenix Wright and Monkey Island

posted by StansCoffins on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Anyone else hoping that The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood bears at least a passing resemblance to the Phoenix Wright games? I'd be surprised if no-one at Telltale had played them, and their over the top courtroom antics would fit right in with the Monkey Island universe.

This would be quite appropriate seeing as Phoenix Wright has itself homaged Lucasarts in the past, with his and his mentor's favourite plant being called "Charley". I'll leave you to work that one out.

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Majus said: ... Okay, that makes sense Toothless :)

I finally made subtitles for one of my movies (took more time than I thought). You can watch this one on YouTube with english subtitles. Just click on this button in the bottom right corner to activate it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeTT-MXwXR4
    This really is a very very random movie, but our idea was to parody the dramatic stuff of Phoenix Wright… There IS in fact that kind of »Judge thinks that he is guilty, but then Phoenix comes up with a new idea, but he has no new idea yet, but Edgeworth is like, ah the hell, why not, and Phoenix improvises, and everybody is like wtf, then a ghost appears, and...« … er, I lost track, sorry.

AND AFTER ALL THE TROUBLE I WENT TO TO GET A FRIEND OF MINE WHO'S TAKING GERMAN TO TRANSLATE THE GIST OF THE VIDEO, YOU GO OUT AND RELEASE SUBTITLES.

GEE, THANKS MAJUS

[/sarcasm]

Seriously, THANK YOU!!! :) This is amazing!!! (but the subtitles only worked for me if I put the video into a separate window. I think it's some kind of bug with youtube or my computer)

• @Brainiac said: Someone had to do this.

HOW DO YOU DO THAT!?!?

The music... and godot... and...

Any other secrets?

• @hplikelike said: HOW DO YOU DO THAT!?!?

The music... and godot... and...

Any other secrets?

Are you even the slightest bit capable of the most rudimentary of cryptanalysis? If the answer is yes, you'll be fine.

• @Majus said: ... Okay, that makes sense Toothless :)

I finally made subtitles for one of my movies (took more time than I thought). You can watch this one on YouTube with english subtitles. Just click on this button in the bottom right corner to activate it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeTT-MXwXR4

So Majus. I can finally understand the language. (Er, ich spreche nicht Deutsch.) But with the sub-titles, I could read. I still don't understand it. O_o
    I think I need more nudge-nudges, wink-winks, and armwave-armwaves...

• @Brainiac said: Are you even the slightest bit capable of the most rudimentary of cryptanalysis? If the answer is yes, you'll be fine.

Yeah... I knew about that...

but I am not the slightest bit capable of the most rudimentary of cryptanalysis.

I kinda got the has-no-clue-what-cryptanalysis-is working against me :D

• "The Trial and Execution Of Guybrush Threepwood: Stan Attorney"

I really wish Stan to be Guybrush's attorney!!!

• Me too!!!
    Or Guybrush's prosecutor
    Or Guybrush's judge
    Or Guybrush's witness
    Or Guybrush's whatever
    I just need Stan to have an important (and coherent, not just a cameo) role in ToMI.
    He's inseparable part of the MI franchise, he's been in every game, just like voodoo lady.

Add Comment