13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thatdude98 said: EMI hater. :(

Indubitably.
    No, I didn't HATE the game. It just happens to be my least favorite out of most of the adventure games I've played.
    ;)

• @Maxilyah said: Indubitably.
    No, I didn't HATE the game. It just happens to be my least favorite out of most of the adventure games I've played.
    ;)

Ooooooohhhhh... that's perfectly alright then!

• @thatdude98 said: Ooooooohhhhh... that's perfectly alright then!

I can't tell if that was sarcasm, or if you were being serious. Teehee!

• @GinnyN said:
    In resume, I think, in someplace in the future (Or even since 102) there's 2 Sam & Max, and one of them we don't play with them, had a Time Machine AND a screwdriver (OF EVIL!)

I'm the only one who notice that. I'm overthinking everything again as usual?

Now you made ME overthink this too, thanks a lot ! ;)
    Anyway, the logic is not there.

For all the puzzles, the "self-contained time-line" concept of time travel is used.
    If you go back in time and change something, you notice the effects of the change when you come back.
    There is only one time line that is consistent with itself.

For the Sam & Max swap at the Idol contest event, the "alternative universe" concept of time travel is used. Since the swap did not actually happen in the S1 episode, it means that the S2 Sam and Max went back in time to an alternative universe.

Since the 2 concepts of time travel can not both be right at the same time, logic goes out of the window. There is no way of telling what happened to the Sam and Max that escaped the spaceship by time machine before the crash, because the whole thing doesn't make scene either way.

• Whoa, bump. Anyway, isn't it possible that they did change the past and what we saw when playing the original episode (and every episode up to 203) was merely the original not-yet-changed timeline? That leaves some weird loose ends, sure, but nothing impossible. The most convenient part about it is that because of the way the time machine works the playable Sam & Max retain all and only their memories of the original timeline (just like Boscow keeping his memories of being himself, instead of remembering having been a cow all his life).

• @Harald B said: Whoa, bump. Anyway, isn't it possible that they did change the past and what we saw when playing the original episode (and every episode up to 203) was merely the original not-yet-changed timeline? That leaves some weird loose ends, sure, but nothing impossible. The most convenient part about it is that because of the way the time machine works the playable Sam & Max retain all and only their memories of the original timeline (just like Boscow keeping his memories of being himself, instead of remembering having been a cow all his life).

That the funny thing of time travels episodes: Without that you mention, the story can't simple continue.

The thing wanted to said, anyway, was that Screwdriver, according to "Present Sam" somehow carries all his geekiness (It's not like he actually said it, but, for how he reacts to return it to himself (Little Sam), probably) and he return it to himself anyway, but to "Past Sam" (Who, with "Past Max" become Alterns, but, whathever). So, with his geekiness returned to himself, what do you think could happen?

• I think you're overthinking the screwdriver. He just wanted to keep it out of obsessed kid Sam's clutches, it's not some magic nerdulator. Nothing happened when he held it himself, or when he picked up a screwdriver in 103.

• I love overthink stuff. Doesn't look like?

Add Comment