User Avatar Image

Puppetmation

posted by The Highway on - last edited - Viewed by 239 users

The animated adventures of Puppet Homestar?

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Walters said: Non-sequiturs and absurdity are funny. Add: character driven stories keep people into the story.


    Goat cheese is the metal. How about the donut hole? They will do fine. The apple pie is infested with iguanas?! Banana peels in a straight-jacket, I've been had!

    Even if the resulting creation is HUMOROUS for some, it sure isn't WITTY or SMART writing. These kinds of people are so easy to write for because they don't REQUIRE there to be an actual JOKE involved, merely the presence of words that have a perceived inherent amusing quality.
    This isn't a TV series that's about to jump the shark. What we have is a very small world (Free Country USA) that's more like a string of Terry Pratchett novels, rather than a plot driven story, like Heroes.
    Terry Pratchett is NOT filled with mindless non-sequitors and to be story-driven, Heroes would have to actually have a STORY rather than just a series of events that may or may not matter or be related to anything else. Comparing Homestar Runner to Terry Pratchett is an astonishing insult to Pratchett's work, even at Homestar Runner's very best.

  • Are you saying that the Chapman Brothers are nothing in comparison to Terry Pratchett?

  • @Snicklin said: Are you saying that the Chapman Brothers are nothing in comparison to Terry Pratchett?


    It's simply not a comparison that can be made. Pratchett is at his worst is easily better than the Chapman Brothers at their very best.

  • @Rather Dashing said: It's simply not a comparison that can be made. Pratchett is at his worst is easily better than the Chapman Brothers at their very best.



    You gotta email that quote to Strong Bad, lol! I wonder what he'd say about that... :p

  • @Rather Dashing said: It's simply not a comparison that can be made. Pratchett is at his worst is easily better than the Chapman Brothers at their very best.



    I believe that Terry Pratchett has a different style of humor than the Chapman Brothers. Terry is good at what he's good at while the Chapman Brothers are as so.

    I believe Terry, in accordance to your humor perspective, is better than the Chapman Bros. I am like the opposite, though I still do tend to like Pratchett's works.

    I also believe that the Chap Bros. do not revolve around non-sequitors.

    And lastly, why are you who uses an avatar, user title, and interests all based on the Chapman Bros. comparing them to Pratchett?

  • @Snicklin said: I believe that Terry Pratchett has a different style of humor than the Chapman Brothers. Terry is good at what he's good at while the Chapman Brothers are as so.

    I believe Terry, in accordance to your humor perspective, is better than the Chapman Bros. I am like the opposite, though I still do tend to like Pratchett's works.

    I also believe that the Chap Bros. do not revolve around non-sequitors.

    And lastly, why are you who uses an avatar, user title, and interests all based on the Chapman Bros. comparing them to Pratchett?


    I certainly don't DISLIKE the Chapman brothers. In fact, I love a lot of their works, though my favorite stuff is underrepresented(The Videlectrix content). I love their parody and veneration of these games because I grew up with those, and they are so true, and in the case of Peasant's Quest it's actually a really good adventure game on its own merits. So yeah, I love the stuff that the Chapmans put out when it's smart, it's just that the in-jokes and "random" bits are their very, very weakest stuff. Also, I'm a bigger fan of Pratchett-style humor, what can I say?

    Oh, and the Interests area of my profile doesn't have any Chapman stuff in it. In fact, it has nothing in it, FYI. So it's just the username and matching user title. =p

  • You're absolutely right about that last part. Sorry for judging you. :o

  • @Snicklin said: You're absolutely right about that last part. Sorry for judging you. :o


    I'm glad we can clear that up! :D

    ...though now I do want to fill it with Peasant's Quest-themed things. "Throwing Babies, Eating Chicken Feed, Smelling like a Peasant, Dressing like a Peasant, and Being on Fire like a Peasant, etc."

    Man, Peasant's quest is awesome. Best flash game ever.

  • @Rather Dashing said:

    Man, Peasant's quest is awesome. Best flash game ever.



    "Tis true RD, tis true."

    I hope they come out witha Peasnt Quest 2 or at least another game... but all we could do is wait....sigh....

Add Comment