User Avatar Image

ToMI Ch. 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood: TRIAL BEGINS FRIDAY!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

Tales of Monkey Island
The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood

Who knows what happens in the next chapter of Tales of Monkey Island? Until we put out a little more information, feel free to discuss and speculate in this thread. For now, how about the most important question you guys seem to have...

Do you have an official release date?
YES. Look for the Trial and Execution of Guybrush to commence sometime this Friday, October 30th Pacific Standard Time. It might take a while, so hold onto yer breeches!

588 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Jake said: Tales of Monkey Island
    The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood

Who knows what happens in the next chapter of Tales of Monkey Island? Until we put out a little more information, feel free to discuss and speculate in this thread. For now, how about the most important question you guys seem to have...

Do you have an official release date?
    Not yet. When we have a date to announce, we'll post it right here in this thread, and on the blog (like we always do). Until then, "October" will have to suffice I'm sorry to say!

It had better be "October" or else the cat gets it...

• I desperately desperately want someone who is testifying against him at the trial to yell "he turned me into a newt!"

• @DeLuca said: I desperately desperately want someone who is testifying against him at the trial to yell "he turned me into a newt!"

Y'see, this is why they're getting so close to the deadline. There Telltale are, desperately rewriting scripts to include the phrase "meaty and dangerous", and some blighter comes along and demands yet *another* absurd phrase to be crowbarred in. :D

• I kinda am hoping for Nov. 6th as a release date myself...

Three Reasons:
    1) The extra week can help make sure any bugs and things are worked out, smooth, and cool.

2) I'll already be hyped up by Hallowe'en! I wanna spread out my excitement. Especially since October is such a cool month already, I wouldn't mind spicing up November a bit. :-) It's always so boring and blah.

3) Because of Hallowe'en it may overshadow the coolness that is Monkey Island! The only way to avoid that would be to release it say Oct. 26th - 29th, but that may be too soon for it to have maximum quality. That way MI would complement Hallowe'en instead of being eaten by monster Jack-o-lanterns.

• @Zhadnost said: 32nd

You're being too kind. I'm estimating the 34th. :rolleyes:

I'm actually somewhat concerned that you don't have a release date yet. I think I agree with what people have said that if it's a matter of delaying the release or rushing it, DELAY IT! FOR THE LOVE OF JOJO, SR. DELAY IT! :eek:

But if you've secretly got the thing already all worked out and are just debugging it a bit more and hiding the release date from us to build suspense and then come All Hallow's Eve jump out from behind the bushes and go, "BOO!"...well then...:p

• I think they shouldn't tell us or release any more art or teasers until the DAY OF

• I just read "Trial and execution of Socrates" in a time line. I immediately finished it with "Guybrush Threepwood." Too much time on the computer! (Or not enough?)

• Will it be a little more harder than the last one? or longer?

• @Finisterrex said: Will it be a little more harder than the last one? or longer?

thats what sh-.........nope. im above that joke.

This discussion has been closed.