Menu
User Avatar Image

ToMI Ch. 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood: TRIAL BEGINS FRIDAY!

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 5.4K users

Tales of Monkey Island
The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood

Who knows what happens in the next chapter of Tales of Monkey Island? Until we put out a little more information, feel free to discuss and speculate in this thread. For now, how about the most important question you guys seem to have...

Do you have an official release date?
YES. Look for the Trial and Execution of Guybrush to commence sometime this Friday, October 30th Pacific Standard Time. It might take a while, so hold onto yer breeches!

588 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Too be honest i dont mind if its not gonna be out in october , i'd rather it was completed and bug free rather than rushed , i might even wait untill the last episode is out and play them back to back :p

• @KEBSD said: I finally made the analogy between the Flotsam Island courthouse and the trial and execution... I feel smart now.

LOL a box of assorted cookies will arrive in your mail box soon

• Ohhh. I read that after I got my box o' cookies. Thank you!!!

• And I suppose my cookies will come when LucasArts releases their MI5? I think I'll wait.

• And I suppose my cookies will come when LucasArts releases their MI5? I think I'll wait.

Can we put this illogical idea to rest? If LA ever returned to MI, there is a 99% chance the gap between EMI and TMI will never be filled. That doesn't make the gap MI5, it makes it a gap NOTHING else. TMI ISSS MI5. If LA made anything after TMI it would be MI6

• @DeLuca said: That doesn't make the gap MI5, it makes it a gap NOTHING else. TMI ISSS MI5.

And yet TMI specifically makes references to an MI5 which was never made and TTG have officially stated that TMI is NOT MI5. :P

Sure it's illogical thinking LA would honestly try and revive the series themselves at this point. They still get to put their name on it even with TTG making it, which means they're still making money off of it. TTG is purchasing rights to develop the game, LA gets to advertise within the games, and (probably) claim a portion of the profits; all the while they aren't paying for R&D, advertising the game, actual game development (programming, artwork, music, etc.)...LA is loving this.

• I suppose by that logic there should be games between the other games as well? I mean Guybrush did talk about their honeymoon adventures that took place before the fourth game as well.

• TTG specifically and intentionally make reference in TMI to an MI5 game. This is more than just some "story between the games." This is an intentional gap left so that an MI5 game can still be produced between EMI and TMI:LotSN. It's intentionally for this purpose.

So no, it's not the same logic.

• User Avatar Image
    jmm

Rule #1: It was just a joke.
    Rule #2: First, learn rule #1

This discussion has been closed.