User Avatar Image

ToMI Ch. 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood: TRIAL BEGINS FRIDAY!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

Tales of Monkey Island
The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood

Who knows what happens in the next chapter of Tales of Monkey Island? Until we put out a little more information, feel free to discuss and speculate in this thread. For now, how about the most important question you guys seem to have...

Do you have an official release date?
YES. Look for the Trial and Execution of Guybrush to commence sometime this Friday, October 30th Pacific Standard Time. It might take a while, so hold onto yer breeches!

588 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Eagle said: Who cares anyway :P time will tell if there's coming a MI6 or not... Right now I just want to play episode 4 of TMI :(

There we go.

• @Rather Dashing said: There we go.

MI6 is coming? Better hide all that illegal stuff you've been doing, I'm sure the British Secret Service will be very interested in "talking" to you if they find it...

• hey has anyone noticed that MI6 is also the name of the british secret service

• If LucasArts makes another Monkey Island game after Tales, it won't be MI5 or MI6, it will just be "The [Something] of Monkey Island." And it could easily take place either before or after TMI, but it certainly wouldn't be a game detailing the events that occur leading up to TMI.

• Also, regarding this issue: who cares they aren't going to make a game without Telltale unless Telltale decides not to do it. Business wise it would make no sense to ditch a company handling your IP that has garnered fan base support that hasn't been seen in a decade. If LA wants more money from it, they will do it as an LA project and contract TTG as the developers. Likely they will just continue down the current route, though, with TTG eventually buying the IP.

• @DeLuca said: Business wise it would make no sense...

Because LucasArts have never done anything stupid and illogical.

They wouldn't, after all:

-Scrap a nearly-done game

-Cancel various adventure related productions in various stages of completion

-Abandon adventure games for a decade

-Oversaturate the market with Star Wars games until even the Star Wars fans are getting sick of it

-Go through several cycles of in-house development and laying off everyone to outsource it

-Rush the sequel to one of their biggest Star Wars successes to make it arrive on-time for Christmas...without an ending, scrapping an entire planet, various plot points, a major side-quest thread, and making it impossible to actually obtain enough points to access some content that WASN'T cut.

-Engage in trademark disputes with Digg.com

Especially if you look at Jim Ward's period as Monarch of LucasArts, you can tell that LucasArts is STUPID and IRRATIONAL. Even now, the good things they're doing are taken with a grain of salt, at least by me. I don't see how anyone can look at the LucasArts track record and say that the company is one with which you can apply normal, conventional, common sense logic. As a huge adventure and Star Wars fan, I've been screwed over by this company more times than should ever be allowed by those that aren't functionally retarded.

• @Rather Dashing said: Because LucasArts have never done anything stupid and illogical.

-Rush the sequel to one of their biggest Star Wars successes to make it arrive on-time for Christmas...without an ending, scrapping an entire planet, various plot points, a major side-quest thread, and making it impossible to actually obtain enough points to access some content that WASN'T cut.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I was so pissed that Knights of the Old Republic 2 could have been so much more. It's frustrating when you actually get to see some of the stuff that was cut and was like WHY? I'd still like to go in the HK droid factory. That was one of the biggest goofs in Lucasarts history in my opinion.

And sad to say I used to get Sierra's monthly magazine when I purchased a adventure game, there were almost no adventure games it to buy. And what they've done to the Leisure Suit Larry franchise is a joke. So it's not just Lucasarts.

• @techie775 said: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I was so pissed that Knights of the Old Republic 2 could have been so much more. It's frustrating when you actually get to see some of the stuff that was cut and was like WHY? I'd still like to go in the HK droid factory. That was one of the biggest goofs in Lucasarts history in my opinion.

Sorry I'm repeating myself about it once again, but I guess you'd like to see this
    I played it, I enjoyed it, I was in HK factory, I finished it. It's fully playable.

• @techie775 said: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I was so pissed that Knights of the Old Republic 2 could have been so much more. It's frustrating when you actually get to see some of the stuff that was cut and was like WHY? I'd still like to go in the HK droid factory. That was one of the biggest goofs in Lucasarts history in my opinion.

And sad to say I used to get Sierra's monthly magazine when I purchased a adventure game, there were almost no adventure games it to buy. And what they've done to the Leisure Suit Larry franchise is a joke. So it's not just Lucasarts.

Not to go TOO far off topic, but Stoney's restoration mod has come out recently, and as far as I know it restores the HK droid factory. I haven't actually played it myself yet. I've been waiting, perhaps foolishly, for the somewhat more ambitious Team Gizka Restoration Project to finish.

This discussion has been closed.