User Avatar Image

Telltale Doctor Who Game? (Merged Threads)

posted by Dan2593 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

How would one make a Doctor Who game?
Shooter? No
RPG? Nah
Platformer? Maybe
Top Trumps game? Really? No.
Fighter? God no
Point and Click? Yes!

So who should do it?
Rare? British, show interest in the show on twitter. But no.
Top Trumps? No. Why did they do that to begin with?
BBC? No No No No
LucasArts? Stick their name on another popular Sci Fi series? No
Telltale? Yes!
Doctor who has been practially begging for a game for years. But something so story driven is a bit difficult to put into game format. You need something that seems you are playing a tv show. A point and click could work for this. It could also help the players think. Put them in the doctors shoes as he unravels a mystery. Then an episodic content would work even better. Make it seem just like a tv series.

But what about style? How about:

799429.jpg

I hope Telltale actually consider this one day. What about you? How do you feel on these ideas? Would they work?

194 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So anymore word on the idea of a Doctor Who Telltale game?

  • User Avatar Image
    Majus Telltale Staff

    Funny, I’m listening to the radio-play »Doctor Who and the Pirates«, right now. :)

  • @Vitas said: So anymore word on the idea of a Doctor Who Telltale game?

    I'd bet if they decide to do a doctor who game, it'll be after Sam&Max's new season..but I remember them saying at PAX, that their unsure if they will do it.

  • The BBC have said they will only give the rights to a UK developer.

    (OK, not really)

  • @Majus said: Funny, I’m listening to the radio-play »Doctor Who and the Pirates«, right now. :)

    Yeah I too have a huge range of Doctor Who audios. The BBC and Big Finish ones :)

  • While checking out the newest Zero Punctuation, I ran across a link through The Escapist leading to some videos that made me go "what the heck?!"

  • @Icedhope said: I'd bet if they decide to do a doctor who game, it'll be after Sam&Max's new season..but I remember them saying at PAX, that their unsure if they will do it.

    they may do doctor who first(if that is in fact what theyre doing) first, instead of doing two huge ip's (monkey island and sam & max) back to back

  • They've never announced they will do a Dr. Who game. I'm not saying it's impossible, but they haven't announced it officially. Connors has said fans request it often, and it would be interesting for them to try to do but they'd have to crunch numbers to make sure it was worthwhile. Basically, "we'd like to, of course, but no guarantees", and he also stated they'd like to try other IPs, "crazy, risky licenses." It seems like all the newsites are quoting this article when they mention Telltale doing Dr. Who, so it's not at all a definite thing, just to be clear. I'm sure the more interest it generates the more worthwhile it would seem to them, but there is nothing to say that they're even negotiation for the license let alone that they'll announce making the game within the next year.

  • @Lena_P said: They've never announced they will do a Dr. Who game. I'm not saying it's impossible, but they haven't announced it officially. Connors has said fans request it often, and it would be interesting for them to try to do but they'd have to crunch numbers to make sure it was worthwhile. Basically, "we'd like to, of course, but no guarantees", and he also stated they'd like to try other IPs, "crazy, risky licenses." It seems like all the newsites are quoting this article when they mention Telltale doing Dr. Who, so it's not at all a definite thing, just to be clear. I'm sure the more interest it generates the more worthwhile it would seem to them, but there is nothing to say that they're even negotiation for the license let alone that they'll announce making the game within the next year.

    i realize nothing has been announced, but the job of game forums is to overhype things that arent announced =P although seeing as we're on telltale's forums, its much more visual to the company than most other places. but whatever their new game is, i have a feeling itll be out before sam and max season 3

  • I'm laughing my behind off here.

    It's common knowledge Telltale first comes out with a surprise or two nobody has been expecting (but are still eager to play with) before they do something the fans want.

    Just take a look at Tales of Monkey Island, which only got announced after both SBCG4AP and Wallace & Gromit. And perhaps Bone.

Add Comment