User Avatar Image

Stan's coat - curious bug.

posted by Olegdr on - last edited - Viewed by 626 users

Just started playing the new chapter and I have a curious bug. The square pattern on Stan's coat is not moving together with Stan when Stan himself is moving (for example leaning left or right while talking. This produces the effect that the squares are in fact shifting on his coat.

Totally harmless but still I'm curious if anybody else getting this. Using a Radeon HD2600XT on Vista. Game graphic set to 9.

85 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

@Matt H said: Getting Stan's jacket to look like it does now was #1 on our TO-DO list for this episode.

He's not kidding. I wrote it up as the very first bug in the episode. Teams of engineers worked tirelessly, forsaking the warmth of their wives and the laughter of their children, just to get that fershlugginer jacket to look right.

I nearly wept when I saw it.

Of course, I weep rather easily.

Mike

• @Olegdr said: Just started playing the new chapter and I have a curious bug. The square pattern on Stan's coat is not moving together with Stan when Stan himself is moving (for example leaning left or right while talking. This produces the effect that the squares are in fact shifting on his coat.

Totally harmless but still I'm curious if anybody else getting this. Using a Radeon HD2600XT on Vista. Game graphic set to 9.

It's such a terrible bug that it retroactively infected every previous Monkey Island game...

;)

• Nope wasn't joking - Honestly it's been years since I played the previous games, so I didn't remember.

I assume bailiff Hardtack standing in two places at once a screen away (courthouse entrance and jungle entrance) is also in that category.

• When I heard about Stan coming back, I bet myself 10 euros this thread would pop up.

• User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

@Olegdr said: Nope wasn't joking - Honestly it's been years since I played the previous games, so I didn't remember.

I assume bailiff Hardtack standing in two places at once a screen away (courthouse entrance and jungle entrance) is also in that category.

Nah, he's just surprisingly spry.

• @Olegdr said: Nope wasn't joking - Honestly it's been years since I played the previous games, so I didn't remember.

stan.gif

stan3.gif

stan2.gif

Hopefully this is what you're seeing, more or less.

• User Avatar Image
    EricP Telltale Staff

@ttg_Stemmle said: Of course, I weep rather easily.

It's true. Like, 3 times so far today.

• @EricP said: It's true. Like, 3 times so far today.

Hey, two of those don't count. If a Vaycaylian sauntered up and offered you candy, you'd cry too.

...Twice.

• Honestly, this was my biggest concern: could the TTT handle Stan's jacket?

It appears that it can. Well done guys.

• I must honestly say that I would have never believed there would be a thread like this. I was so sure nobody would believe this to be a bug, but I was wrong!

Anyway, great that Telltales managed to get the effect done so nicely. :)

Add Comment