User Avatar Image

Telltale Doctor Who Game? (Merged Threads)

posted by Dan2593 on - last edited - Viewed by 873 users

How would one make a Doctor Who game?
Shooter? No
RPG? Nah
Platformer? Maybe
Top Trumps game? Really? No.
Fighter? God no
Point and Click? Yes!

So who should do it?
Rare? British, show interest in the show on twitter. But no.
Top Trumps? No. Why did they do that to begin with?
BBC? No No No No
LucasArts? Stick their name on another popular Sci Fi series? No
Telltale? Yes!
Doctor who has been practially begging for a game for years. But something so story driven is a bit difficult to put into game format. You need something that seems you are playing a tv show. A point and click could work for this. It could also help the players think. Put them in the doctors shoes as he unravels a mystery. Then an episodic content would work even better. Make it seem just like a tv series.

But what about style? How about:

799429.jpg

I hope Telltale actually consider this one day. What about you? How do you feel on these ideas? Would they work?

194 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Telltale could have some of their own villains and aliens created.

Instead of Daleks, how about the Trods:
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Trod

sorry that there's no image of them but if you search them online, you may find a picture of them. The Trods were used in the comics instead of the Daleks because they didn't want to use the Daleks too much.

• @Brainiac said: Wait...Series 5 is what's coming out when the Eleventh Doctor's tenure starts, which hasn't happened yet...so are you a Time Lord or what?

Yes...

But they have been spotted onset, in a WW2-like era with union jacks painted on them.

Also spotted: New Tardis & sonic screwdriver

• Much as I'd love it, I can't see Telltale being able to instill the suspense at the heart of Doctor Who, short of breaking the Lucasarts rule of no dying in adventures.

• @StansCoffins said: Much as I'd love it, I can't see Telltale being able to instill the suspense at the heart of Doctor Who, short of breaking the Lucasarts rule of no dying in adventures.

I don't know. If it was styled after old-who, it could work. And even in new who, he stalls his enemies through conversation.

• @Friar said: I don't know. If it was styled after old-who, it could work. And even in new who, he stalls his enemies through conversation.

Yes exactly. Plus there are many stories where none of the characters die and it would be only enemies maybe dieing.

Plus have you played ep 4 of Tales, it reads death all over.

• Question would be, how could TT do a Dr. Who thing without messing with the story?
    Sure they could do something which doesn't actually advance the over-arching story, but that'd be kinda pointless and lame after the first series.

• @Gryffalio said: Question would be, how could TT do a Dr. Who thing without messing with the story?
    Sure they could do something which doesn't actually advance the over-arching story, but that'd be kinda pointless and lame after the first series.

Well they could writers who have written Doctor Who stories. Either from the tv series or who write the Big Finish stories.

• I suppose what with those cartoon thingies/that pre-school thing with the tin-dog/That one with the American/etc. They already have enough spin-offs messing the stories to not be too bothered about TT- I dunno... killing the Dr. off or something :p

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Technically, there are only two television spin-offs - Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures. The cartoons, and the spin-offs, are canon - that is, officially part of the ongoing Doctor Who saga. The new CGI special is set between two of the specials (though I can't remember which one).

[/Nerd]

• My main question about a telltale Dr Who-game is: Who should play The Doctor? Should they have the current Tenth Doctor, or the new upcoming Eleventh Doctor? Or maybe, someone else? (I'm not discussing the specific actor now, only the character)

Add Comment