User Avatar Image

Chapter 4 Completed Thread - Spoiler Alert

posted by ElWaster on - last edited - Viewed by 728 users

erm... simply put, wow!

What an awesome ending...:eek:

TellTale - I just want to say - THANK YOU! This has been the most enjoyable episode so far. I can't wait for the final one.

147 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: No it's not. Being able to walk around in a room with Morgan's corpse right there and carrying around severed limbs isn't dark enough for you?

Actually, Morgan's death would have been fine(if not really "dark") if

Also, those were the tamest severed limbs I've ever seen in anything. And we didn't get to see the room. And if we did, it'd be overly cartoony to the point of stupidity. If there's one annoying thing about Tales, it's that it shies away from gore to a ridiculously squeamish extent. It keeps making passing references, but refuses to actually "go there". Even when you have a severed limb, it's about as tame as you can get while still being a severed limb. Yes, if dark is what they were going for, they didn't do enough. Maybe LucasArts fans don't know what "dark" means. Maybe they think "dark" means the inside of a Hot Topic or a Stephanie Meyers novel. I don't know. But there's nothing inherently "dark" about it, and if it was played off as the light drama that it is...I wouldn't mind nearly as much.

• @VickyL said: carrying round a bag of severed limbs is NOT dark, considering the silliness that ensues. I mean, REALLY. Dipping one in sugar water to attract fireflies, then following the glowing trail to discover a carnivorous plant with a lion's paw stuck in its thorns?

Uh, it's still pretty dark. And oh my, sillyness. In Monkey Island. No way.

@Rather Dashing - The only time anything gory happened in MI was when LeChuck's limbs were ripped off, and THEN it was a gag.

• @Secret Fawful said: Uh, it's still pretty dark. And oh my, sillyness. In Monkey Island. No way.

The point. You're missing it.

• Why can't we all just get along? CAN'T YOU SEE THIS CONSTANT BICKERING IS TEARING US ALL APAAAAARRRRRTTT?!!

• @VickyL said: The point. You're missing it.

Yes, mainly because I'm trying too hard to defend it blindly without thinking about what I'm saying beforehand. And because I don't want to accept what you're saying.

• @VickyL said: The point. You're missing it.

I don't know about him, but I'm not missing the point. See?

There. There's your point.

• xD Ah yes, there's my beloved point. I'll never let you out of my sight again, no I won't. coochiecoochie coo!

• !

Please don't let him be dead, it would ruin it!
    ...So are we playing as the hand in the beginning of the next episode?

• @cettefemme said: !

Please don't let him be dead, it would ruin it!
    ...So are we playing as the hand in the beginning of the next episode?

Personally, I wouldn't mind playing as Elaine, at least in the front part of the last chapter until invariable GB gets back.

Add Comment