User Avatar Image

Petition to give Telltale all rights & money to make the non-episodic Monkey Island 5

posted by Lockmort on - last edited - Viewed by 519 users

I really hope from the bottom my heart Lucasarts will see what an enormous succes Tales was and they'll give Telltale the rights to make Monkey Island 5 (or 6 if you wanna count Tales as 5).

Telltale, you're doing an amazing job. Lets not forget most fans turned their backs at the series after Escape (which I still hate), but you totally turned that around.
Ofcourse you guys have major restrictions, these are all short episodes and you cant have long streching puzzles or many more optional jokes, but you still make it into perfection.

I would buy a 1000000 extra copies of Tales if that would make Lucasarts give Telltale money to make a non episodic, full blown, Monkey Island 5 game.

Please Lucasarts, have a heart, give the new kings of adventure gaming your game rights, pay them a shit load of money, and let us get Monkey Island 5!

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, TOMI is Monkey Island 5, with a metaphorical Monkey Island 4 occurring between Curse and TOMI.

So they already have rights?

Do you mean MI4?

Plus, Episodes are way better.

• How are episodes any different from splitting a full game into parts? Unless my memory is wrong, the games have always been split into parts.

Having more involved puzzles could be done in the episodic format, couldn't it?

• As a number of people have pointed out, if the hypothetical MI5 ends just before a cliffhanger, it's going to look a bit rubbsh, even to people who are familar with "Launch of the Screaming Narwhal".

*On the other hand*, it might be fun if somebody used the Telltale Tool to create a mini-movie covering all this prelude to put on the DVD. Well, either that or having a "I Wonder What Happens Before Tales of Monkey Island". Or preferably both.....:)

• Only problem with the episodic formula is we'll probably never see a chapter as big as Part II in MI2. Travelling between full blown islands, solving puzzles in any order, completely non-linear in a way. But then again, none of the other games had that either. But I'd still love a chapter like that again (no Spinner Cay doesn't really count).

Also, you can be sure that if LucasArts decides to make a big budget Monkey Island game, it will be 3D. Not an issue for me, since today 3D can be potentially incredibly good looking. But I would assume Bill Tiller wouldn't be an option, since he's basically a 2D artist.

• I think Telltale is perfect in Episodic Games, it`s great to join Guybrush
    in it`s Adventures over a long time... so they should make more episodic
    Monkey Island Titles.

For a non-episodic MI Game Lucas Arts must got Gilbert, Schafer
    and Grossmann (and Tiller vor Backgrounds *g) again to build up a
    new fulltime Epos ;)

• [quote]Petition[/quote][quote]On the internet[/quote]
    Awesome+Face.png

• that part 2 really was the best part of monkey island

• I really liked the episodic format, but I am all for this idea!

• @haydenwce27 said: I really liked the episodic format, but I am all for this idea!

But that's all it is, an idea.

Financially, it doesn't work. Episodic games do.

And to the post creator, if you seriously would "buy a 1000000 extra copies of Tales if that would make Lucasarts give Telltale money to make a non episodic, full blown, Monkey Island 5 game", then why don't you? It would work, so go ahead. Do it. Right now.

I'll wait here until you realize you're an idiot.

• @LowMoralFiber said: I actually really like the episodic format. It builds the suspense and makes you think about what you did and what might happen next. It's much more exciting, really...

I totally agree with this...

Add Comment