User Avatar Image

Chapter 4 Completed Thread - Spoiler Alert

posted by ElWaster on - last edited - Viewed by 608 users

erm... simply put, wow!

What an awesome ending...:eek:

TellTale - I just want to say - THANK YOU! This has been the most enjoyable episode so far. I can't wait for the final one.

147 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I liked how they pulled Miss Shittywhiskers into the game. Everyone of us thought for sure the blindfolded Club 41 fight just had an out-of-context, humorous, clichéd meow voice... but there was actually a cat!

Also Krebbs came out of nowhere pretty much but kinda worked.

The ending was just so epic. I had goose bumps ever since the Sponge got big ('Finally!', I thought) and flashed and removed the pox. Not to speak of the actual ending.

Then, did LeChuck turn bad when the pox - I might presume his voodoo and evilness in general - got absorbed off normal folk amidst whom LeChuck's evil was spread? Or did the Voodoo Lady confess/hex him in jail? Was he evil all along? I don't think so. I think she hexed him, because she wanted Stan to be the lawyer for both of them in the first place. Also LeChuck's facial expression and tone changed whenever Guybrush was telling him about the sponge... And who killed Morgan? I don't think it was De Singe, and I don't think it was Jacques. A pox-ridden Elaine? Or maybe she even killed herself because she was sorry for everything and wasn't - after all - happy with her life as seen many times in her facial expressions on the previous episodes whenever Guybrush yells to her about that.

I have a funny feeling that Jacques, though, might be a key to this 'larger scheme' there seems to be (Pirate Godness?). I don't think Voodoo Lady is the mastermind, either. Or, rather, she is, but she's got no choice. Remember how she thought being manipulaTED for once was 'strangely liberating'? Like, she didn't have to do her job for a second, to stress about what's becoming of this world if she doesn't fulfill her hoodoo-shmoodoo that's meant for her...

• @Kroms said:
    - DeSinge not being French.

I didn't really get the joke there. I guess it could be a reference to Agatha Christie's fictional detective Hercule Poirot, who was a French-speaking Belgian and always got annoyed when people took him for French. But there's nothing else to make that connection, and DeSinge doesn't react the same way Poirot did -- Poirot would explain that he was Belgian, not just say he was offended.

• I thought the joke was that DeSinge was offended that Guybrush assumed that he was French. Gee, I wonder what tipped Guybrush off :D

• @TimMann said: I didn't really get the joke there. I guess it could be a reference to Agatha Christie's fictional detective Hercule Poirot, who was a French-speaking Belgian and always got annoyed when people took him for French. But there's nothing else to make that connection, and DeSinge doesn't react the same way Poirot did -- Poirot would explain that he was Belgian, not just say he was offended.

The joke is that DeSinge is a huge French sterotype...but is not actually French, and treats the idea as absurd.

Funny thing is, turbans actually were popular for upper-class western European men of the late 18th century! In a relaxed setting when they weren't wearing their powered wigs, that is.

• @Fronzel said: The joke is that DeSinge is a huge French sterotype...but is not actually French, and treats the idea as absurd.

Yes, I suppose that's all there is to the joke. He's got a thick French accent and a French name and served (IIRC) at the court of a French king, but is totally baffled and offended that you'd imagine he was French. Ha ha.

I understood all that but didn't find it funny, so was looking for more there. Guess there wasn't any more.

• He also has a great wig, painted his face white, wears lipstick, and wears pink pants. I thought the joke was hilarious.

• did anyone else notice that Elaine said at the end: i knew that he was bad all along... SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE SAYING THAT HE'S GOOD NOW!!!

• @Geypi said: did anyone else notice that Elaine said at the end: i knew that he was bad all along... SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE SAYING THAT HE'S GOOD NOW!!!

Well, she has a bit of a history with hypocrisy. Remember MI2 where she took credit for killing LeChuck?

Add Comment