User Avatar Image

Morgan's backstory

posted by Tilan on - last edited - Viewed by 303 users

This is something I've been wondering for a while... At the beginning of Chapter 3 we learn a few things about Morgan's past. According to her tattoo, her first love was Gustavo (or Gus), but according to the list, she killed him for personal reasons.

So, why would Morgan kill her first love? Did he cheat on her or what?

Any ideas?

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Maybe she was a fan of said Gus.

• Gustavo killed Morgan's Uncle Jugbender, who she saw very much as a father or even a Dad. She's been badly hurt emotionally before. Which is why Morgan probably doesn't know why she handed Guybrush over to DeSinge. Professionalism? Jealousy? Revenge?

• As a privateer, she has her standards and ethics. She can't just let Guybrush go free. She has her obligations, and a bounty hunter never runs away from her responsibilities, even if it eventually means she'll have to betray her friends.

• User Avatar Image
    Con

But she did the right thing by trying to get the hand back...for free. Apparently she found the guilt Guybrush wanted her to experience.

• Yes, but it also shows that despite obligations, you also can have guilt. Also, just because she does things for money doesn't mean she does everything for money.

• User Avatar Image
    Con

@GaryCXJk said: Yes, but it also shows that despite obligations, you also can have guilt. Also, just because she does things for money doesn't mean she does everything for money.

But isn't that against her standards and ethics to feel wrongness about what she did to her victim just for money. What I meant was she's changing at least a bit. If she were the same Morgan as before cutting off his hand, she'd have accepted bringing Elaine ( at least attempted) to De Singe.

• maybe she thought elaine should not be given to desinge, because she wants to have revenge herself

• @Con said: But isn't that against her standards and ethics to feel wrongness about what she did to her victim just for money. What I meant was she's changing at least a bit. If she were the same Morgan as before cutting off his hand, she'd have accepted bringing Elaine ( at least attempted) to De Singe.

Not really, everybody holds his or her own justice. Morgan capturing Guybrush was purely professional, after payment she didn't have any obligations anymore, thus she could do whatever she wanted.

The only ethics pirate hunters have is to hunt down the pirates, and not let their feelings get in their way, meaning, no mercy. However, it doesn't mean they can't feel regret.

And, seeing as she's not under employment after she got paid, she could do whatever she wanted.

• User Avatar Image
    Con

Mm, guess so. Still, it must be the worst job ever if it makes you sad after a contract. There's one chapter left, perhaps that'll reveal if she's changed. :)

• User Avatar Image
    seanvanaman Telltale Staff

really jazzed that Tilan put the Morgan backstory (killing of Gustavo) together.

edit: i should say SLIVER of her backstory together

Add Comment