User Avatar Image

Morgan's backstory

posted by Tilan on - last edited - Viewed by 287 users

This is something I've been wondering for a while... At the beginning of Chapter 3 we learn a few things about Morgan's past. According to her tattoo, her first love was Gustavo (or Gus), but according to the list, she killed him for personal reasons.

So, why would Morgan kill her first love? Did he cheat on her or what?

Any ideas?

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Con

Mm, guess so. Still, it must be the worst job ever if it makes you sad after a contract. There's one chapter left, perhaps that'll reveal if she's changed. :)

• User Avatar Image
    seanvanaman Telltale Staff

really jazzed that Tilan put the Morgan backstory (killing of Gustavo) together.

edit: i should say SLIVER of her backstory together

• I would rather find out Guybrush's back story.

• @Irishmile said: I would rather find out Guybrush's back story.

Nah, that was what was so cool about Guybrush. He was each and every one of us gamers. A kid who washed up on the beach of Melee Island who wanted to become a pirate. If we gave him a backstory it'd ruin that.

Morgan's backstory was cool, but it would have been funny if de Cava had not given us a second chance. The amount of whining if we'd had to load from the last save would have been great! :)

• @Gryffalio said:
    Morgan's backstory was cool, but it would have been funny if de Cava had not given us a second chance. The amount of whining if we'd had to load from the last save would have been great! :)

I was so awesome that I got all correct answers using my deductive powers and the handy Guybrush flashbacks. So I don't know what you are talking about "second chances". Maybe I should go back and replay that and deliberately make mistakes...

• @The Commissioner said: I was so awesome that I got all correct answers using my deductive powers and the handy Guybrush flashbacks. So I don't know what you are talking about "second chances". Maybe I should go back and replay that and deliberately make mistakes...

I got the uncle one wrong on the 3rd one and then he was gonna drop us or burn us or whatever, but then he gives you another chance.

• Hmm. You know, I just realised that this is what's been bothering me about Telltale's output. The characters feel like they have no backstory, which is something that they always had in Curse or Tim Schafer's games.

Not to say the characters aren't fully-rounded and interesting, but developing your characters even more is never a bad thing, is it?

Edit: I don't know if Telltale develops backstories, but my point was that sometimes it didn't feel like they did.

• Posted in the Elaine vs. Morgan thread:

@GuruGuru214 said: Morgan sees that a very large portion of Guybrush's misfortune this time around is her fault, but in order to stick to the standards of her profession, she can't do a thing about it. The majority of Morgan's story in this chapter was a slow realization that she wasn't willing to accept the cost of the way she was living her life, and when she finally worked up the nerve to change (in essence, admitting that everything she knew was wrong), she paid the ultimate price for it.

Putting that together with this bit of backstory, I feel for her even more now. I don't hope for Morgan to get Guybrush, but I really do want to see her get some sort of happy ending.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I don't hope for Morgan to get Guybrush, but I really do want to see her get some sort of happy ending.

So what your saying is Morgan+Jacques? :eek:

:D

Edit: For the record I love Morgan and I nearly cried when she died. The only reason I didn't is coz I know that in the world of MI death never really stopped anybody. LeChuck, Bob, Murray, Santino, even Guybrush has died a few times...TT you'd better bring her back!

I really felt for her in LotL when she's practically begging Guybrush to kiss her and then he turns away and starts talking about Elaine...He should remain faithful to his wife (as he's obviously going to; he's too naiive to even notice Morgan's affection), but yeah, Morgan should get a happy ending out of it.

• @monkey_05_06 said: I really felt for her in LotL when she's practically begging Guybrush to kiss her and then he turns away and starts talking about Elaine...He should remain faithful to his wife (as he's obviously going to; he's too naiive to even notice Morgan's affection), but yeah, Morgan should get a happy ending out of it.

That scene does make you wonder, though, if she'd gotten that kiss, would she have taken Guybrush back to the Marquis?

Add Comment