User Avatar Image

You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

posted by raycichocki on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users

-When you see sword fighting in a movie you wonder if they're going to insult each other with rhyimg comebacks.

-You cringe at the idea of Monkey Kombat

-You think Guybrush is a legit name for your first born son

(add some of your own!)

233 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • When you cursed Lechuck in the ending of CH 4 :mad:
    Damn Lechuck! hehe

@haydenwce27 said: When you don't actually hate monkey combat.

I liked it! I laughed a lot with the Guybrush´s dance xD

• When you have to stop in the middle of sex because you keep yelling "call me Guybrush, call me Guybrush!" :p

• @rugby said:
    Added:
    - You use the "English (Pirate)" language setting on your Facebook page. :D You should try it, if you haven't!

How great ii use it right now! :D

-If you try to do real Grog by combine everything in your pocket with the bucket full of water right beside you! :D:eek::D

• @GuruGuru214 said: -
    - When you think about Morgan frequently for an entire month because you know she's got some issues with her life, then at the end of the month you get to watch her become even less happy with her life, which then ends, then you spend an entire month thinking about her even more frequently.

Apparently I managed to associate a song I was listening to a lot with Morgan during the first half of that last one, because shortly after I started listening to it, it reminded me of Morgan every time I heard it.

I managed to associate a song with Guybrush and Morgan. It's sad. But it really made the song a whole lot better - not that it wasn't good in the first place, it had just grown dull after listening to it several times.
    Good Left Undone by Rise Against, if you're curious. *shrug*
    (Thought about writing a songfic, then got writer's block)

Oh, that reminds me:

-You write Monkey Island fanfiction. Bonus points if it's on scrap paper after one of those boring standardized tests as you wait for everyone else to finish. (Guilty as charged.)

• Rootbeer+Vodka+Breathmints=Half-rootgrog? (Hard to find real grog nowadays.

• @Gryffalio said: When you have to stop in the middle of sex because you keep yelling "call me Guybrush, call me Guybrush!" :p

oh my god...

• When you scour the four corners of the internet looking for the latest emulators, patches and installers in order to get the classic games working on your computer despite the fact that you have played them all so many times you know every puzzle off by heart and can recite every line of dialogue!

• When you spend two hours copying a sprite of Morgan LeFlay by hand so you can insert it into a screenshot of MI2 to make a joke about staring at women's chests.

I spent the last two nights beating SoMI: Special Edition, and I spent tonight beating LeChuck's Revenge from start to finish and doctoring that screenshot. I'm gonna go do something constructive now. Like sing Welsh folk songs at the bank. Or have a yelling contest with my neighbor's dog. Or paint a yellow line down the middle of my driveway. Or photocopy money. Or plant trees on public land. Or paint a stranger's house in the middle of the night. Or talk to a member of the opposite sex.

Or maybe I'll just turn off my computer and go to bed.

• @Lennie Melvin said: oh my god...

I should point out it was a joke because we're both MI fans...(and we didn't stop)...!

Too much info? :p

• @Gryffalio said: When you have to stop in the middle of sex because you keep yelling "call me Guybrush, call me Guybrush!" :p

LOLOLOLOLOL! Good stuff, man.

Add Comment