User Avatar Image

Season two title speculation.

posted by kderby on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

Well we are almost at the end of season one, so it's time to guess the name of season two.

My boring guess: More Tales of Monkey Island.

118 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Gryffalio said: Monkey Island: The Consequences of Piracy.

We won't actually get to play it. It'll be a documentary about all the lives Guybrush's irresponsibility has ruined.

I dunno what it'll be called, but I hear from sources close to Telltale that it starts with a: "You Wouldn't Steal a ..." part, with Guybrush stealing the cutscene before it finishes.

Or even better. TTG will produce a whole season but you can only download them by hacking their server and downloading it illegally! :D

• "ToldTales of Sexy Island" (Tm)... and Guybrush Threepwood is a mighty play-boy!

wait wait men...we're talking about the best game ever, there couldn't be a "season 2" next year, we must have patience and wait until Lucasfilm and Telltale work on a new intense story full of sarcasm, and maybe an improved graphic engine ;) We are talking about monkey island, not a season of sam e max or wallace and ...umm..the other one XD Monkey Island fans are the hardest to please! (an example is the flop of EMI)

• @FitzoliverJ said: "Whales of Monkey Island: Lure of the Leviathan"

(Hmm... we're gonna need a bigger bait)

Come to think of it:

- Can I call you "Bob"?
    - Call me "Ishmael". :D

• @mystique48 said: "ToldTales of Sexy Island" (Tm)... and Guybrush Threepwood is a mighty play-boy!

wait wait men...we're talking about the best game ever, there couldn't be a "season 2" next year, we must have patience and wait until Lucasfilm and Telltale work on a new intense story full of sarcasm, and maybe an improved graphic engine ;) We are talking about monkey island, not a season of sam e max or wallace and ...umm..the other one XD Monkey Island fans are the hardest to please! (an example is the flop of EMI)

I agree.... I think all your ideas would be great for season 3 :p

• The Shores of Monkey Island: Guybrush buys a time share.

The Adjective of Monkey Island

Monkey Island: AWWWWWWW YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

• Monkey island: Cushy Edition
    Monkey Island: From Melee to Monkey
    Monkey Island: Carnival of the Damned
    Monkey Island: It´s...Pink
    Monkey island: The Leech of Spinner cay
    Monkey island: The End of lechuck (fail)

• Tales of Money Island

Nah, just kidding. I think they will keep it "Tales of Monkey Island".
    ...if they keep the series at all.

We didn't have a simple "Monkey Island" by now. Maybe it's better this way... sounds very final.

• @TheJoe said: Monkeys of Monkey Island

However, I would feel better if Monkey Island died here, maybe ending with a movie. ToMI is pushing it a little. I mean, I love it - but it's just going too far beyond Ron's original story and ideas. The best thing to do would be to release a real Monkey Island 3 as a movie.

I don't get it. How should you know what Ron's original story and ideas would have looked like?

I never thought the direction the series was going after LeChuck's Revenge was that far off the mark.

Add Comment