User Avatar Image

It's not Tales of Monkey Island if theres no Monkey Island

posted by Everlast on - last edited - Viewed by 821 users

Well like my post said every game always has something revolving inside the mysterious Monkey Island in which there lies the Secret that everyone speculates. We all know that the lairs of the Zombie pirate Lechuck has always been Monkey Island... So could it be that Lechuck takes Guybrush to Monkey Island???

I dont know, but im hoping for the classic monkey island to be there, and that they put the soundtrack music of SOMI. It would be cool.

So whats your take, Will there be a monkey island or not?

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • well i think we will go to monkey island in ToMI, but on a way we dont expect!
    think about it, Murray, Stan, LeChuck... ToMI got all the things we expect from a Monkey Island game, and we got that all in a fresh and original way! i have full trust to Dave and his TTG friends

• @Rebirth said: well i think we will go to monkey island in ToMI, but on a way we dont expect!
    think about it, Murray, Stan, LeChuck... ToMI got all the things we expect from a Monkey Island game, and we got that all in a fresh and original way! i have full trust to Dave and his TTG friends

I don't expect Murray from a Monkey Island game. At least, I don't expect him in one that's better than just "good".

• I will go as far and say I wouldn't be entirely opposed to them going someplace other than the Caribbean.... There were after all other Pirate hot spots in the world at the time.... and it would give some opportunities for new completely different locations and characters.

• @Irishmile said: I will go as far and say I wouldn't be entirely opposed to them going someplace other than the Caribbean.... There were after all other Pirate hot spots in the world at the time.... and it would give some opportunities for new completely different locations and characters.

Given how the last chapter ended, that's leaving it wide open for Elaine and the Voodoo Lady to get into a boat with a misfit crew comprised of Stan, Wally, Otis, Carla, Meathook, the barber pirates, and Winslow (possibly captained by LeChuck) and sail to World's End to rescue Guybrush from the Land of the Undead.

Of course, we all know that Telltale's better than that, so I'm sure we have nothing to worry about.

• I'd rather not go to Monkey Island. Then it seems forced for every game that we have to go there for some reason. And what is everyone from the last 4 chapters going to Monkey Island too or does Guybrush take another trip in the unrealistic robotic monkey to defeat lechuck? It seems like more mess than it's worth.

• It's kind of how the Raiders March was theme theme song for all of the Indy movies, but there was only one movie with Raiders in the title. Though I'm one of those wacky guys who believes the Indy movies should have had separate theme songs.

• I have always enjoyed Monkey Island alot. EFMI reintroduced very well Monkey Island. You are all suffering from Post traumatic stress disorder, because you guys may ave associated Monkey Kombat with the joyfull challenged Monkey Island introduced.

Some1 brought a good point about final fantasy and broken sword franchises. To respond about that we must know of what the story revolves around and its Guybrush and Lechuck. Who supposedly died while searching for the big secret. In 2 Big Whoop led back Guybrush to Monkey Island, and same goes for episode 4. Monkey Island is portrayed as the most unnatural of the island and may well hold something to the unnatural state of Guybrush.

• I don't regard as a visit being an integral part of the game. I just have to be close to it and play as Guybrush for it to be fine.

• Telltale will not disappoint, whatever they do.

I, for one, have not been to Monkey Island in a long time... and I kind of, y'know, miss the place. It really tied the game together...

Add Comment