User Avatar Image

"Muzzled" getting terrible reviews in Amazon

posted by OMA on - last edited - Viewed by 933 users

A bunch of noobs with (probably) utterly shitty computers are giving the free "Muzzled" episode terrible 1 star reviews either because the game either doesn't work for them, runs very slow, or even can't figure out how to play...

http://www.amazon.com/Wallace-Gromits-Grand-Adventures-Download-Pc/product-reviews/B002RL8K2U/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Whatever their reason, those reviews are not giving the game very good publicity.

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Bobbin said: 466 MB is "enormous"?

Yes. Especially when you're on a download limit.

Not that that excuses giving a game a bad review because your computer can't run it.

• I've downloaded 'Muzzled' also and it just wont work.
    And it is not because my pc is outdated or that I am a fool. I'm working with win7.
    I tried to run it as an administrator, I've put it in windows xp mode and I even used taskmanager=> affinity=>disabled one core. Nothing works. It just keeps crashing.

So yes, it deserves only 1 star. What kind of publicity is this? I was thinking about purchasing TOMI, but after this happening, I will not risk it.

• @St. Louis said: I've downloaded 'Muzzled' also and it just wont work.
    And it is not because my pc is outdated or that I am a fool. I'm working with win7.
    I tried to run it as an administrator, I've put it in windows xp mode and I even used taskmanager=> affinity=>disabled one core. Nothing works. It just keeps crashing.

So yes, it deserves only 1 star. What kind of publicity is this? I was thinking about purchasing TOMI, but after this happening, I will not risk it.

Yeah, because there's DEFINITELY no way that contacting their customer support or even just reading the support forums could ever possibly help you get it running, and it definitely has nothing to do with the fact that Windows 7 just came out and may have problems with even recent software.

• Well if they would just change the graphics quality it would run perfectly....
    I mean that is why the option is there... so that people with less powerful computers can play the game without flaws too. I wouldn't get to upset over it though. One man's opinion means jack shit in the greater scheme of things.

• Yeah, because there's DEFINITELY no way that contacting their customer support or even just reading the support forums could ever possibly help you get it running, and it definitely has nothing to do with the fact that Windows 7 just came out and may have problems with even recent software.

No, when you sell something then it is supposed to work properly. I have other games that were created before win7 (and even vista) excisted, and they work just fine.

So, if you are so smart then tell me what I should do to get it up and running (and don't say update dx, because it's already updated).

• @St. Louis said: No, when you sell something then it is supposed to work properly. I have other games that were created before win7 (and even vista) excisted, and they work just fine.

So, if you are so smart then tell me what I should do to get it up and running (and don't say update dx, because it's already updated).

Most companies do not test their games on every hardware/software combination known to man, so there are bound to be problems on certain setups. That is what costumer support is for.

I cannot help you as far as Windows 7 is concerned, as I am still using Windows Vista (and running every Telltale game just fine, I might add), but there is a forum post dedicated to just this sort of thing.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12987

As far as I know, Telltale does not officially support Windows 7 yet. It did just release to retail last month, after all. However, no matter what version of DirectX you may have installed on your computer, you should always let the Telltale installer update it, anyway. You could be missing a stray DirectX 9 component (which does NOT ship with Windows 7), and not even know it.

• @St. Louis said: I've downloaded 'Muzzled' also and it just wont work.

My computer is worst than Windows 7 and it runs Wallace and Gromit perfectly now so I give it 5 stars:D.

• I downloaded it and played it without any problems on xp.
    I thought it was a really nice touch from telltale to give a free episode away so even if my computer couldn't handle it I would feel a bit of a moron for complaining about it.
    So thanks guys!

• I have Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Sam and Max Season One Retail CD, Strong Bad, and Wallace & Gromit all run perfectly fine with no crashes (I also bought Sam & Max Season 2 last week, but haven't tried it yet). So it is not simply, "It crashes under Windows 7."

But without more information on your PC, no one can help you determine what the possible problems might be. But some guidelines to help you can be found here.

-HM

• Another thing that could cause crashes(at least for me) is memory. The game does take a lot of memory. I deleted anything not important(old sbcg4ap photos, desktop wallpapers, old telltale demos ect...) and then emptied my recycling bin and Bam better faster Wallace and Gromit.:D

Add Comment