29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ok, another two things, one of them being really strange:

1. When I tried shooting at the ketchup cup after giving it back to Sybil, Sam "aimed" at it for a really, really long time (action (like Sybil drinking) went on, so I guessed it wasn't like loading or something). I clicked around (not having a cursor or something), and when Sam eventually fired -- before he did, the gun in his hands shrunk?! I know, this sounds crazy, and I really tried to reproduce it by doing the same things again, but it didn't happen again :(

2. After trying to reproduce the latter bug several times and clicking quickly through the subsequent dialogs, I had Sam still having a muzzleflash right at his feet. When he walks, it stays same distance from his hand, always coming along with him. After leaving the scene, it was fixed.

muzzleflashdv2.th.jpgFull picture

• Another one... (well, I know this isn't exactly a bug)

While in office (I tried when that Steakcharmer guy was already there and all bundled up, but I guess it works before as well) wait until Max, who is strolling around the scene as usual, has walked behind Sam's desk (behind the TV set, that is). Then turn TV on. At first, you will see Max behind the TV set, but suddenly he disappears to allow the "cutscene" where he's standing in front of it to tell Sam to turn the TV off because he doesn't like his voice on tape :)

P.S.: Does anyone read this at all? Is there a comprehensive bug list to check before claiming to have found one, that's in fact already known?

• I don't know if it's for my notebook that's lagging a little, or maybe the graphics card isn't 100% capable, but I noticed the mafiosi kind of "blinking" (like shading on/off) twice:

[LIST]
    [*]when the mafioso came into Bosco's shop after I delivered the toy (his jacket "blinked")
    [*]during the car chase, the head of the mafioso on the left (pink head) is "blinking" too
    [/LIST]

Frequency was about a little faster than twice per second (similar to a text cursor's blinking speed maybe)

Sorry for not being able to suggest a reason what I did to produce this :). As mentioned, I guess it's maybe due to the general lagging (which only occurs sporadically though)

• Funny you should mention it, my brother was a beta tester for Al Emmo :)

• Were there two tiki's in sybil's office in previous episodes too? Or is the vase-thingy at the back wall assigned a wrong id?

I also found it a bit strange that Sybil still behaves the same after getting shot. Some slightly different dialogs would be nice.

• [quote]P.S.: Does anyone read this at all? Is there a comprehensive bug list to check before claiming to have found one, that's in fact already known?[/quote]

I'm reading it right now to send some bugs over to one of the developers. :p

• @Emily said: I'm reading it right now to send some bugs over to one of the developers. :p

Noooo! Don't send them any more bugs, it seems they already have bugs galore!

...Just kidding :P

• @Lee Harvey said: Ok, another two things, one of them being really strange:

1. When I tried shooting at the ketchup cup after giving it back to Sybil, Sam "aimed" at it for a really, really long time (action (like Sybil drinking) went on, so I guessed it wasn't like loading or something).

I've also got this bug and even reloading the game doesn't fix it. Curiously though i can make Sam put his gun away (by right clicking) but the cursor doesn't come back and also pressing esc won't bring up the menu

• Ok, after spending some time messing around on other things and leaving the game alone the bug seemed to correct itself. Strange, seems to be working now, oh, and I'm also getting the same lag everyone else seems to be getting

Add Comment