User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.5K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ShaggE said: Agreed. I don't think I can ever go back to L4D1 after playing the sequel. The only thing I don't like is the special infected's tendency to gang up on you. (I once got Jockey'd, Boomer'd, Smoker'd, and Charger'd, one right after the other, with no time in between to regain my composure... that's a bit AWESOME)

Fixed. :tup:

• @ShaggE said: Agreed. I don't think I can ever go back to L4D1 after playing the sequel. The only thing I don't like is the special infected's tendency to gang up on you. (I once got Jockey'd, Boomer'd, Smoker'd, and Charger'd, one right after the other, with no time in between to regain my composure... that's a bit ridiculous)

Is L4D2 really worth my money? I never played the first one because I couldn't imagine getting much play out of it after i'd played through all the maps, zombies generating differently each time or not

• Just finished Uncharted 2 again, this time on Hard, now gotta decide if I should play Left 4 Dead (yes I'm late on this one), Brutal Legend (tried it for a while but Uncharted kept calling me back) or get Modern Warfare 2 or Assassins Creed II.

• @JedExodus said: Is L4D2 really worth my money? I never played the first one because I couldn't imagine getting much play out of it after i'd played through all the maps, zombies generating differently each time or not

If you find yourself growing bored of the replaying the same campaigns, then the L4D franchise as a whole probably isn't for you. If you think of the campaigns in the same way as you think of a popular map in, say, TF2 or COD4 or whatever, then you likely won't grow bored of them.

If you're on the fence as to whether you'd get tired of it or not, but you really want to try it, start with L4D2. The campaigns are longer, they are all more "unique" from each other, and the AI Director 2.0 is far more unforgiving, which means it'll take awhile to play through it. Not to mention the countless mods that'll undoubtedly pop up in no time.

Note: The gore effects in this one are disturbingly realistic. It puts Soldier of Fortune to shame. If that's not your thing, then stick with L4D1. It's still a damn good game, and the gore is much more "video game"-ish.

• L4D2, and yes it is worth the money. I used to think that L4D was easy, but now I only managed to finish 1 campaign in L4D2.Great game indeed.

But aside from L4D2 I have purchased The Longest journey series to get my fix of adventure games and every once in a while I play civilization IV:Beyond the Sword.

• @waspbr said: every once in a while I play civilization IV:Beyond the Sword.

Good call ;)

• Thought I would revive this.

Mass Effect 2: This is an utterly fantastic game, it also seems quite likely to be my favourite in the coming year.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta: A really fun game, particularly if playing with friends to play off of. Though a lot of people were playing it a deathmatch game, which sucked.

Team Fortress 2: A really fun game to have got back into, though I cannot believe it will be 3 years old this year.

• Psychonauts
    Jedi Outcast (re, re, re, replaying)
    Sam & Max: Reality 2.0 - but I'm stuck, so I've left that one for a while.

Add Comment