User Avatar Image

Maniac Mansion 3D remake almost done!

posted by octochan on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Did anybody else here know about this? I's a fan remake from a German developer, and they're scheduled to release it in German and English early next year.

Maniac Mansion 3D

130 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That actually looks pretty impressive! I hadn't heard anything about it, thanks for the link! :)

  • He's so slow! How do you expect to run from the Edisons at that speed? Looks rally good though, the lighting could be more dynamic.

  • HOOOOLYYYY @$&%! I Have been waiting for this game MY WHOLE LIFE!!!

  • @source said: For two years now, German developer Ernie "The Runner" and his team have worked to re-create classic adventure game Maniac Mansion in 3D. While its character models and environments aren't nearly as impressive as that other LucasArts 3D remake/demo for Monkey Island 2, keep in mind that the group began the project as a way to learn how to use Gamestudio.



    What the hell is he talking about? That isn't a Monkey Island 2 remake video from Lucas Arts, it's some guy in his basement...

  • @doodo! said: What the hell is he talking about? That isn't a Monkey Island 2 remake video from Lucas Arts, it's some guy in his basement...



    Neither are Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth or Broken Sword 2.5 but people have eagerly awaited those for years as well.

  • Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a 3D Maniac Mansion, but I'm not sure how LucasArts are going to feel about it. So even if these guys manage to finish the game, the lawyers would most likely stop them from releasing it.

  • @doodo! said: What the hell is he talking about? That isn't a Monkey Island 2 remake video from Lucas Arts, it's some guy in his basement...



    The MI2 remake video he's talking about was an amateur fan-made thing too. But that guy also works as a professional game developer during the day, so he's got a bit more experience under his belt.

    This is a commendable effort, but not something I feel would enhance my Maniac Mansion experience. But I'm a purist, and I hated the new graphics in the Monkey Island Special Edition too.

  • Looks nice, until it starts moving. :P

    He does mention it's an early video though, and the animation is nowhere near final.

  • @Spadge said: Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a 3D Maniac Mansion, but I'm not sure how LucasArts are going to feel about it. So even if these guys manage to finish the game, the lawyers would most likely stop them from releasing it.


    Another fan group managed to release Maniac Mansion Deluxe, but even so, last time I looked on the website I found it on, it has disappeared.

    I think it should be okay for people to download these games if they own a legal copy of the original Maniac Mansion, but since there's no way of knowing who will download it then you could be right.

  • @Scrawffler said: Another fan group managed to release Maniac Mansion Deluxe, but even so, last time I looked on the website I found it on, it has disappeared.

    I think it should be okay for people to download these games if they own a legal copy of the original Maniac Mansion, but since there's no way of knowing who will download it then you could be right.



    The project was officially shut down as was a ROTA adventure game, I'm surprised that they haven't shut down FOA2...or DOTT 2.

Add Comment