User Avatar Image

Guybrush Ulysses Marley-Threepwood?

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 234 users

I thought the Marley part was just a joke in EMI is it actuly his name now? or is TTG just jokeing on the blog?

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

It's probably his full name, but nobody calls him that.

• I had kind of forgotten that that was his whole name until I read the court notice up close... On my second playthrough. So I completely forgot to name their kid all the way when I did that hypothetical design thing. WHOOPS!

This is what happens when I choose to ignore EMI for too long.

• Given that he's dead and thus his marriage with Elaine is terminated, his full name should have gone back to "Guybrush Ulysses Threepwood."

• @Mermaid said: Given that he's dead and thus his marriage with Elaine is terminated, his full name should have gone back to "Guybrush Ulysses Threepwood."

I just made the connection. Guybrush's death is the part that Ron Gilbert contributed. He's created a plotline purely to end the marriage!

Oh wait, never mind. I forgot that Ron isn't actually Joe Quesada in disguise. :p

• But wouldn't it still say Guybrush Ulysses Marley-Threepwood on the tomb stone though? And wouldn't that mean that it's still his name? And if it didn't, wouldn't the eventual reverting of his death also revert the termination of the wedding/name? We don't know if that will happen yet, but it's a possibility. The line is: "...until death do us part", but one question arise: is it the state of death or the event itself that terminates the wedding? If it's the state, wouldn't the coming back from the dead, even if it would be as an undead, in effect make you married again?

oh god, why did I stay home from work today..

• @tmfm2000 said: But wouldn't it still say Guybrush Ulysses Marley-Threepwood on the tomb stone though? And wouldn't that mean that it's still his name? And if it didn't, wouldn't the eventual reverting of his death also revert the termination of the wedding/name? We don't know if that will happen yet, but it's a possibility. The line is: "...until death do us part", but one question arise: is it the state of death or the event itself that terminates the wedding? If it's the state, wouldn't the coming back from the dead, even if it would be as an undead, in effect make you married again?

Heh, interesting thought. If Elaine got married now and Guybrush returned it was "the event of death" so they would have to get married again.
    If she doesn't marry and Guybrush comes back, things would be alright since the state of death would be terminated.

Any logic in that? :confused:

• Well, it's the difference between fitting 18 letters of the name he's best known as on a tombstone vs. 32 letters of his lesser-known full legal name.

• @tmfm2000 said: But wouldn't it still say Guybrush Ulysses Marley-Threepwood on the tomb stone though? And wouldn't that mean that it's still his name? And if it didn't, wouldn't the eventual reverting of his death also revert the termination of the wedding/name? We don't know if that will happen yet, but it's a possibility. The line is: "...until death do us part", but one question arise: is it the state of death or the event itself that terminates the wedding? If it's the state, wouldn't the coming back from the dead, even if it would be as an undead, in effect make you married again?

Elaine was leagly declared dead in EMI ^^

• User Avatar Image
    jmm

Technically between CMI and EMI.

• @PecanBlue said: This is what happens when I choose to ignore EMI for too long.

Only bad good can come from ignoring EMI.

Add Comment