User Avatar Image

Do I get the DVD or not? CONFUSION!

posted by ElWaster on - last edited - Viewed by 230 users

Hi all - quick Question,

I ordered the Tales of Monkey Island August 20, 2009. Do I get the DVD when it's completed or not? I'm a lil confused as to how this works.

Thanks!

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ElWaster said: Hi all - quick Question,

I ordered the Tales of Monkey Island August 20, 2009. Do I get the DVD when it's completed or not? I'm a lil confused as to how this works.

Thanks!

The final chapter isn't out yet. You should get a DVD with every chapter in a nice box once that is released (The DVD). Which will probably be some time after the final chapter, a few weeks to a month maybe even.

• @ElWaster said: Hi all - quick Question,

I ordered the Tales of Monkey Island August 20, 2009. Do I get the DVD when it's completed

Yes, but you will have to pay for shipping.

And, don't expect the DVD to be released until sometime next year.

• Probably longer than a month Doodo. (Cue "longer" inuendo no doubt...)

You will get the DVD for the cost of shipping, but won't get the special edition cover that was for pre-orders only.

• One point missing in the thread, you only get it if you ordered it on Telltale's website, not if you ordered it on Steam.

• @Arodin said: One point missing in the thread, you only get it if you ordered it on Telltale's website, not if you ordered it on Steam.

Or Wiiware, or Direct2Drive.

And yeah, do not take doodoo's timing estimate as anything serious. "a month" is an extremely optimistic proposition, one that assumes Telltale will create the DVD a good deal faster than any of their previous releases.

• I'm really quite upset about this... I was really under the impression you were able to get the DVD even if you bought on steam, reading thought the FAQ's (which I did before I bought) it doesn't say at all that you have to buy directly from telltale.

it says: "HOW DO I GET THE COLLECTOR'S DVD AT THE END OF THE SEASON?
    The Tales of Monkey Island Collector's DVD will be available in 2010, after all of the episodes have been released. When the free DVD is available for ordering we'll send an email to all Tales of Monkey Island customers letting you know it's time to come back and get it. You will enter your shipping address and pay for shipping at that time."

Pleasie can I have a copy anyway Telltale :( or is there any chance it will be available for purchase in the future, or am I going to have to buy another copy of ToMI?

• @shovell said:
    Pleasie can I have a copy anyway Telltale

no. Sorry. If that was possible I could order all their DVDs now.

• @shovell said: is there any chance it will be available for purchase in the future, or am I going to have to buy another copy of ToMI?

Where's the difference? Purchasing the DVD is buying another copy, sort of.
    Depending on how important the cover artwork is for you, and how fast you need it, you may just wait a bit, and you probably can get a DVD for little money in a local store eventually, just like Sam & Max season one now.

• @LogicDeLuxe said: Where's the difference? Purchasing the DVD is buying another copy, sort of.
    Depending on how important the cover artwork is for you, and how fast you need it, you may just wait a bit, and you probably can get a DVD for little money in a local store eventually, just like Sam & Max season one now.

Well I just wondered whether they would release the DVD later on, I don't mind waiting but I don't want to do that then not be able to purchase one, thanks for the advice though :)

• @shovell said: Well I just wondered whether they would release the DVD later on, I don't mind waiting but I don't want to do that then not be able to purchase one, thanks for the advice though :)

I'm not sure what you're asking.

You get the DVD by buying the season from Telltale.

So yeah, you can buy the DVD. You can buy it now, sort of, by buying the season. They aren't going to release the DVD "separately" from the season, because the DVD has all the games on it.

Add Comment