User Avatar Image

Do I get the DVD or not? CONFUSION!

posted by ElWaster on - last edited - Viewed by 256 users

Hi all - quick Question,

I ordered the Tales of Monkey Island August 20, 2009. Do I get the DVD when it's completed or not? I'm a lil confused as to how this works.

Thanks!

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: I'm not sure what you're asking.

You get the DVD by buying the season from Telltale.

So yeah, you can buy the DVD. You can buy it now, sort of, by buying the season. They aren't going to release the DVD "separately" from the season, because the DVD has all the games on it.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I wasn't sure whether the DVD is just a "special edition" sorta thing, will it still be included in the deal after all the chapters are released?

• @shovell said: Sorry I wasn't clear, I wasn't sure whether the DVD is just a "special edition" sorta thing, will it still be included in the deal after all the chapters are released?

Like all Telltale DVDs, they'll be available for presumably as long as Telltale is in business, barring any highly unexpected massive shifts. The only "special" thing was for orders of the season before the first episode came out, the Purcell cover. Otherwise, the DVD is just what comes with the season.

• @Rather Dashing said: Like all Telltale DVDs, they'll be available for presumably as long as Telltale is in business, barring any highly unexpected massive shifts. The only "special" thing was for orders of the season before the first episode came out, the Purcell cover. Otherwise, the DVD is just what comes with the season.

Ah cheers, that's all I wanted to know I guess :) *Still undecided mind*

• @shovell said: Ah cheers, that's all I wanted to know I guess :) *Still undecided mind*

I'm glad I buy the seasons through Telltale, because not getting a free DVD would suck.

• @Toothless Gibbon said: Probably longer than a month Doodo. (Cue "longer" inuendo no doubt...)

It only works when you state that something is longer and harder.

• I was also under the impression that when the dvd is available, you won't get it until you go back to the site and pay for the shipping first. Is this correct? I don't remember paying for shipping when I bought the season.

• @Jade Zealot said: I was also under the impression that when the dvd is available, you won't get it until you go back to the site and pay for the shipping first. Is this correct? I don't remember paying for shipping when I bought the season.

Yes that is correct. You are entitled to claim the DVD if you bought the season from Telltale (not from Steam or Wii) but you must pay for the shipping cost yourself.

When the DVD is available in the store (for everyone to buy) you add it to your basket and if you already have the season on your My Games page, the cost should come up as zero. Then you just have to complete the order and pay for shipping.

People who pre-ordered get the special DVD slip cover art by Steve Purcell and anyone who bought the season since then can still get the DVD, but without the special art cover.

People who bought the episodes separately might have problems with that, but I've seen people say they just had to email Telltale and ask them to fix it for them.

• I missed out on the pre-orders, 'cause I was in the hospital getting an artificial pump for my heart. :(

• @GaryCXJk said: It only works when you state that something is longer and harder.

For most people, yes.

For Doodo? Anything is possible. ;)

• @The Commissioner said: I'm glad I buy the seasons through Telltale, because not getting a free DVD would suck.

Yeah I would be, if I hadn't already bought them once, and to be honest I never usually even pay this much for a game, without buying it twice.

Add Comment