User Avatar Image

ToMI Ch. 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood: Now Available!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Tales of Monkey Island
The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood

It's out! Download it!

Official Description: Guybrush returns to Flotsam Island, but forget about a hero's welcome. Handed over to De Singe by the backstabbing Morgan LeFlay, Guybrush is seized by an angry mob and put on trial! With a silk-tongued prosecutor in his face and a hangman's noose dangling over his neck, Guybrush must figure out how to defend himself against grave accusations. Meanwhile, the determined Marquis sets his sights on a new and far more attractive test subject. How on earth will the Mighty Pirate get out of this mess? The monthly Tales of Monkey Island tension continues to mount in "The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood." Brace yourself for a shocking revelation that will rock the world of Monkey Island to its core.

Learn more about the game here

I wonder what happens? Flash film

Well, it's out! What do you guys think?

163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • there shouldn't have been anything, all the gore should have been sucked in...

• After not playing this one for a few weeks, the announcement of Chapter 5 made me push through it over the last couple of nights. This is definitely my least favorite of the series so far, and I'm a pretty big Phoenix Wright fan. Some of the puzzles seemed...weird. It was also very short. It took me around 2 hours to beat. The others have taken me at least 3 hours (the first one took me 6). So yeah...I'm looking forward to 5 because of the end, but the ending better be REAL good.

• I really hope that the explanation of the vodoo ladys doings are not what they seem to be. As it stands now, ToMI has just as Escape from Monkey Island did, tried to give a new meaning to the events in Monkey Island 1-2, and that doesn´t sit well with me. Up until the last part of chapter 4, ToMI has been a lighthearted matinee continuation of the series, without any ambition of being anything else. I mean, we haven´t even gotten an explanation of what the events where that led up to the intro in chapter 1.

And, boom, just like that, the ambition is suddenly turned to trying to explain the whole series. I think that shows a lack of respect for the source material and peoples perception of the story arch in Monkey Island 1-2.

I really hope that all is now what is right now, for chapter 4 is right now a huge dissapointment for me, storywise. Which is a shame, for up until now, ToMI was almost GOTY for me, since Telltale hade done everything else right (except for the overuse of the Floatsam Island jungle-puzzles).

• @Incognito said:
    I think that shows a lack of respect for the source material and peoples perception of the story arch in Monkey Island 1-2.

I see your point and fear the same. Yet with having Ron Gilbert co-writing the end (?) I'm quite confident that they'll do fine.

• Might I ask when the Wii release is?

EDIT - Nevermind

• Stan's theme music is back... and stuck in my head!

• I like the new episode. The only thing that annoys me is Stan's jacket. Don't know why... Maybe my graphic card is broken :(

• @devil in disguise said: I like the new episode. The only thing that annoys me is Stan's jacket. Don't know why... Maybe my graphic card is broken :(

I hope you don't mean his motionless pattern. And if you do, I hope you're not serious. Stans jacket can defy all laws of physics just to be that amazing. True story.

• @devil in disguise said: I like the new episode. The only thing that annoys me is Stan's jacket. Don't know why... Maybe my graphic card is broken :(

Play the older games. Stan's jacket is like that on purpose.

Add Comment