User Avatar Image

Sam and Max 2010...

posted by Eduardo on - last edited - Viewed by 6.5K users

Well, when you finish Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God, after the credits and all that, you get a web address that shows you an interesting pic, six pieces of concept art and a weird audio...

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax2010

746 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yay, that's my third Ice Station Santa serial number... sigh.

    Anyway, Sam and Max Season 3 is great news! As long as Monkey Island Season 2 comes right after it... and that we actually get to go to Monkey Island THIS TIME... :P

  • Yeah, I've already learned that spending over $35 on a game isn't a generally good idea, so I'm really hesitant on getting the two season deal, seeing as I don't actually have both seasons on Telltale Games. I do have season one on STEAM, but now that I've got a taste of Telltale Games, I'm more inclined to actually get my Telltale Games trough Telltale Games itself directly.

  • "In all the universe, the only power beyond the mind's comprehension is the power to comprehend the power of the mind. If any one of us could unlock this terrible power, would we use to explore the mysteries of the infinite? Or would we use it...to destroy?

    It's a familiar tale. A power-mad space gorilla pitted against a canine detective and a sociopathic bunny with psychic powers.

    But, my friends, this story is different. In this story, you are in control. There will soon come a time when you will be called upon to lead Sam and Max to defeat the forces of evil."

    Well, I'm excited. :D

    Concept art on both of Max's ears and his mouth. Also on Sam's hat, nose, and one of his eyes.

  • @Rather Dashing said: "In all the universe, the only power beyond the mind's comprehension is the power to comprehend the power of the mind. If any one of us could unlock this terrible power, would we use to explore the mysteries of the infinite? Or would we use it...to destroy?

    It's a familiar tale. A power-mad space gorilla pitted against a canine detective and a sociopathic bunny with psychic powers.

    But, my friends, this story is different. In this story, you are in control. There will soon come a time when you will be called upon to lead Sam and Max to defeat the forces of evil."

    Well, I'm excited. :D

    Concept art on both of Max's ears and his mouth. Also on Sam's hat, nose, and one of his eyes.


    You missed one. :)

    (I missed it too, first time I saw the page).

  • @Chuck said: You missed one. :)

    (I missed it too, first time I saw the page).


    Oh, right! On the side of Sam's face. That's actually the first one I noticed, but I forgot it when going through and listing them!

  • There's one more line of dialogue that didn't show up until I'd clicked on some things multiple times.

    "No longer can you blindly mash buttons to unleash a torrent of irreverent banter and comic mischief. Now you are all that stands in the way of the total annihilation of the planet Earth."

    Don't know what that means.

    I'm confused about the moustachioed Sam art. Is that Sam or a relative from the 19th century? Also, I wanted an excuse to say "moustachioed".

  • @Shwoo said:
    I'm confused about the moustachioed Sam art. Is that Sam or a relative from the 19th century? Also, I wanted an excuse to say "moustachioed".

    Don't be confused.
    Love it for what it is.
    AWESOME.

Add Comment