User Avatar Image

I'm starting to think I have a glitch on LeChuck's ship.

posted by monkeymovies on - last edited - Viewed by 893 users

On the ship after being dropped from the crowsnest, I can't move Guybrush around with the keyboard or mouse, but I've also clicked on apparently all hotspots and gone through all Dialogue conversations with Elaine (the only option now is "Be Careful". I've been here ages and could really use some help.

Thanks!

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Jake said: Yikes! Try saving (in an empty save slot as to not overwrite an earlier game) and re-load.

I had that same problem, but I fixed it by saving and then reloading, as every time you reload LeChuck shows up.

It only does it the first few times, after you almost finish that puzzle it no longer occurs, although it did happen to me once at the other end of the ship. Saving and reloading works a treat.

• I had this glitch aswell. Lechuck just wouldn't come and knock me flying. Luckily, Saving/loading solved the issue.

• Ha wow, I thought you were supposed to be stuck in one spot. Luckily Guybrush'll still move to interact with the environment. I thought all the frozen spears were a glitch until I remembered LeChuck using his time freezing powers about a minute before haha.

• Me too with the glitch. In fact, saving and loading caused LeChuck to attack me immediately. The game must have realized the timer had gone almost 6 minutes over.

• You can't move on LeChuck's ship - that's not a bug :) Guybrush probably should have looked more out of breath or something at those points. So it goes. LeChuck not showing up after 7-8 seconds is a bug, though.

• Anyone who has been experiencing this issue, could you send me the save-game you made when you were stuck?

Being able to crack open your save game will help us figure out where the game logic has wandered off and gotten confused.

• @Jake said: Anyone who has been experiencing this issue, could you send me the save-game you made when you were stuck?

Being able to crack open your save game will help us figure out where the game logic has wandered off and gotten confused.

Have you got an email address i can send it to? It says it's an invalid file type to upload here.

Also, it just automatically starts the cutscene where lechuck drags guybrush underwater. Would you like the save i made 20 mins before aswell?

*edit* Never mind, i uploaded the save somewhere else. Sending you the link now.

• I had this problem as well. Whenever I Alt/Tab to the Internet and go back the game 'locked up' and LeChuck never showed up to punch me around the ship.

Sounds like other people are having the same problem - don't know if that is necessarily why.

• @Scott Dagger said: I had this problem as well. Whenever I Alt/Tab to the Internet and go back the game 'locked up' and LeChuck never showed up to punch me around the ship.

Sounds like other people are having the same problem - don't know if that is necessarily why.

It's fixed by saving the game and reloading that save. I don't use Alt tab, i use the windows key instead. Maybe that will help stop the issue for you.

Add Comment