12 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm having the same problem. Guybrush refuses to take any gum in the cell, either on the window sill or hanging from the ceiling. I'm not sure if I missed something or if there is a bug in the game. Hoping I just missed something, lol.

• You should be in the same cell as the gum, then he will taste it. So focus on getting into that cell first.

• I should explain that I am in the right cell, as I am past the part of getting the spirit gum.

I touched the hanging gum at the same time as I got the spirit gum, however, Guybrush did not pick it up after tasting it. I am now collecting the parts to shrink the sponge, and I have 4/6 of them, just missing the secret and the gum. However, when I click on the hanging gum now, Guybrush does not want to pick it up.

I can't figure out if the game is bugged (possible because I clicked on the gum before I was supposed to) or if perhaps there is some sort of prerequisite to picking it up I am missing.

• Have you given those four items to the sponge beforehand? Maybe that'll do it.

• I think that's a glitch. Collect the secret, and skip this for now. I'm sure someone at telltale could provide you with a save with the gum. I might be able to give you my save, which i think had all the items.

• @Falanca said: Have you given those four items to the sponge beforehand? Maybe that'll do it.

I have not tried that, I will give it a shot when I get home tonight.

Add Comment