User Avatar Image

Situation Comedy is almost unplayable due to jerky graphics

posted by oddbasket on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

I need help. I downloaded SC through the link received by email. The graphics are extremely jerky and stutters like 5 frames per second. The scripted animations plays fine at full framerate though. but actual gameplay drops to stutters.

My system is a HT P4 3ghz, GF7800GS 256mb, Audigy2, 1gb ram. Tried lowest possible settings and its still the same. Culture shock plays just fine though.

Also, I would like to see support for 1280x1024 resolution. My LCD soesn't scale anything other than the resolutions it supports (setting to scale by adapter doesn't help) so a custom 1280x960 just adds graphical garbage at the bottom and it really ruins gameplay.

But my above problem is of upmost importance, pointless to have the correct resolution when I can't even play the game properly, eh? Would appreciate any remedies, thanks.

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Damn, cant get through the car chase part of ep 3... too slow, I tried to turn off virtually everything on the pc : antivirus, firewall, msn, skype... no such luck, it's just way too slow...

• The stuttering in episode 4 this time includes scripted animations as well. In particular when Sam speaks, the rest of the cast speak at full framerate. Guess the issue is there.

• I didn't notice much lag like I did in ep 3, but ep 4 still gradually ate up RAM like no tomorrow. The only time the game typically stuttered for me was just before the cut scenes.

Athlon XP 2700+, 1 GB RAM, FX5700 Ultra 128 MB, running game at 1024x768

• Can we get an ETA on the patch for Episode 3?

Been waiting some time so I can play it lag free.

• Finlay decided to bear with the horrid lag and play through Episode 3. It was certainly frustrating to say the least. I'd like to play through it again as I didn't really enjoy it that much due to the frustration of the lag. At least Episode 4 doesn't seem to have the same problems.

Still rather disappointed with the length and stability of Episode 3.

• Anyway to get an in game console or something so I can disable maxes idle walking or something? I'd like to play through 1-4 again over spring break, but 3 is just so unenjoyable for me with the "max walks you lag" bug.

I looked around. I'd kill for a dirty work around.

• Hey Roft,

I don't think there's any way to keep Max from walking around in the retail version, sorry. (Interesting idea, though! Maybe we should put that in, in place of Warp Drive...)

The new versions of episodes 2 and 3 are in QA right now, and we're working hard to get them out to you guys as quickly as possible. Obviously we don't want to introduce any new bugs so we want to test them thoroughly before we send them out into the world.

• @Emily said: The new versions of episodes 2 and 3 are in QA right now, and we're working hard to get them out to you guys as quickly as possible. Obviously we don't want to introduce any new bugs so we want to test them thoroughly before we send them out into the world.

These aren't out yet, are they? Where will they be announced when they are? If I just knew where to look my visits to your, albeit nice, site could go a lot faster... :)

Add Comment