12 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You should be in the same cell as the gum, then he will taste it. So focus on getting into that cell first.

• I should explain that I am in the right cell, as I am past the part of getting the spirit gum.

I touched the hanging gum at the same time as I got the spirit gum, however, Guybrush did not pick it up after tasting it. I am now collecting the parts to shrink the sponge, and I have 4/6 of them, just missing the secret and the gum. However, when I click on the hanging gum now, Guybrush does not want to pick it up.

I can't figure out if the game is bugged (possible because I clicked on the gum before I was supposed to) or if perhaps there is some sort of prerequisite to picking it up I am missing.

• Have you given those four items to the sponge beforehand? Maybe that'll do it.

• I think that's a glitch. Collect the secret, and skip this for now. I'm sure someone at telltale could provide you with a save with the gum. I might be able to give you my save, which i think had all the items.

• @Falanca said: Have you given those four items to the sponge beforehand? Maybe that'll do it.

I have not tried that, I will give it a shot when I get home tonight.

• So, after playing around a little, it turns out I hadn't exhausted every dialog option with Galeb yet. Turns out 4/6 of the ingredients are collectable before you get the actual recipe from him, but you can't pick up the gum or the secret, nor can you put any item on the sponge until you talk to him.

Hope this saves someone else a headache, lol.

OT, but I was kinda disappointed with the ending :(

Add Comment