User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 15.8K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

564 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Tales wasnt actually part of the main LucasArts series, so if LucasArts continued it probably wouldnt pick up from Tales. Telltale hasnt said anything about a season 2 of Tales.

This is false. Tales IS a part of the main series, as you'll notice the big Lucas Arts logo in the beginning, and the fact that Lucas Arts licensed it to TTG so the series could continue. Tales is MI5.

Both TTG and LA have spoken on the issue.

• @Smohler said: Tales wasnt actually part of the main LucasArts series, so if LucasArts continued it probably wouldnt pick up from Tales. Telltale hasnt said anything about a season 2 of Tales.

It's already been explained how Tales is MI5.. But even if LucasArts decided not to let Telltale work on the next game, and wanted to work on it themselves, I'd guarantee that it would continue on from Tales.

It's been a hugely sucessful game, why would they want to annoy their fans by retconning a big part of the story that was both well recieved and made a lot of money?

• Season two will definately happen, although whether it will be made by Telltale or whether LA will get more money hungry and make their own remains to be seen. I suspect the latter has legal issues regarding character rights though.

• @Smohler said: Tales wasnt actually part of the main LucasArts series, so if LucasArts continued it probably wouldnt pick up from Tales. Telltale hasnt said anything about a season 2 of Tales.

I'm sick of people saying this without knowing what they're talking about. It's like they WANT Tales not to be MI5. Don't listen to these people!

• @Secret Fawful said: I'm sick of people saying this without knowing what they're talking about. It's like they WANT Tales not to be MI5. Don't listen to these people!

I feel the same way, both about people who want to say that Tales isn't MI5 or isn't canon and about people who want Curse and Escape removed from canon as well.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I feel the same way, both about people who want to say that Tales isn't MI5 or isn't canon and about people who want Curse and Escape removed from canon as well.

Isn't Tales set a good bit in the future, if Lucasarts did there own thing I think they'd follow from Escape...though maybe they'd rather not associate themselves too strongly with that game. I dunno, it's a headscratcher

• Actually, no, it's been confirmed that Tales takes place after MI5... so it's technically MI6.

• I'm a little iffy on making a game that takes place between two already released games from a series that regularly always continues from the story of the last game. Maybe it's just my OCD talking, but then who would care about the story of the in-between game if you know which characters stay alive at the end and/or other things such as in the case of the Voodoo Lady?

• @Powerlord said: Actually, no, it's been confirmed that Tales takes place after MI5... so it's technically MI6.

STOP SAYING THAT. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT. THAT WAS A JOKE AAAAAAUAGHHGGAUHGAUHGUAHGUAHGUHAUGH

:headexplode:

• Maybe it can be a "Monkey Island 5 II", like how Final Fantasy did it. There are so much differences between all entries of the franchise I mean, it would be weird if Telltale made a ToMI 2 (with the name MI6) that visually resembles ToMI 1.

Add Comment