User Avatar Image

Is there a new monkey island 6 getting released??

posted by comethere on - last edited - Viewed by 4.2K users

If there is then when is it expected? coz the ending of tales of monkey island was a teaser

If anyone has any idea let me know

72 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Maybe it can be a "Monkey Island 5 II", like how Final Fantasy did it. There are so much differences between all entries of the franchise I mean, it would be weird if Telltale made a ToMI 2 (with the name MI6) that visually resembles ToMI 1.

• @Pale Man said: STOP SAYING THAT. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT. THAT WAS A JOKE AAAAAAUAGHHGGAUHGAUHGUAHGUAHGUHAUGH

:headexplode:

Look at what you've done, Powerlord! Now you're getting the innocent involved!

• @Powerlord said: Actually, no, it's been confirmed that Tales takes place after MI5... so it's technically MI6.

Sick of this comment popping up everywhere.

I'm hoping that Telltale gets to do a season 2, they know the story and the backgrounds on the new characters better than everyone else.

• Just curious, where did some hear TMI was MI 5 and where did some hear it was MI-after-5 ?

• @PecanBlue said: I'm a little iffy on making a game that takes place between two already released games from a series that regularly always continues from the story of the last game. Maybe it's just my OCD talking, but then who would care about the story of the in-between game if you know which characters stay alive at the end and/or other things such as in the case of the Voodoo Lady?

I'm suddenly reminded of Star Wars Episode 3...

• @solilique said: Just curious, where did some hear TMI was MI 5 and where did some hear it was MI-after-5 ?

@solilique said: We called it Monkey Island 6 for a while as a joke, but saying "there was a fifth game in between" doesn't mean you should actually see that game, or that it actually exists. The whole point was to say "time has passed between Escape from Monkey Island and Tales of Monkey Island -- the characters have gone on some more adventures, grown a little, learned some things, and probably healed some continuity wounds in the process." The point wasn't "there will be another game between Escape and Tales" -- that would be silly! You'd spend the whole game assembling a cursed cutlass, chasing LeChuck down to make him stop harvesting monkeys, and then right before you could go to take out LeChuck and save Elaine, the game would end and say "To be continued in Tales of Monkey Island!" Actually, that would be pretty amazing, but it would definitely be unfulfilling, I think!

I completely agree with him. Honestly, I'm happier using my imagination and at most I would want to see a comic or machinima or something.

• @Powerlord said: Actually, no, it's been confirmed that Tales takes place after MI5... so it's technically MI6.

Not this crap again.

• So i Hope LA will make a non-episodic new MI Game
    with Bill tiller vor the graphics and ron Gilbert to Tell His
    Story After MI2 and perhaps Full the Part between EMI
    and ToMI... also i hope telltale will make ToMI Season 2
    almost near in the future!!!

• @Todesreiter said: So i Hope LA will make a non-episodic new MI Game
    with Bill tiller vor the graphics and ron Gilbert to Tell His
    Story After MI2 and perhaps Full the Part between EMI
    and ToMI... also i hope telltale will make ToMI Season 2
    almost near in the future!!!

Ron Gilbert's planned story might not fit in with the canon, though, so I think it would be best that his 'Monkey Island 3a' isn't considered canon.

Add Comment