User Avatar Image

I'm starting to think I have a glitch on LeChuck's ship.

posted by monkeymovies on - last edited - Viewed by 778 users

On the ship after being dropped from the crowsnest, I can't move Guybrush around with the keyboard or mouse, but I've also clicked on apparently all hotspots and gone through all Dialogue conversations with Elaine (the only option now is "Be Careful". I've been here ages and could really use some help.

Thanks!

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • that last see-saw puzzle was MEAN.

Went through all the episodes with hints off, no problem, and got stuck right at the end!

• I had the bug too, it happend in the same place, I opened my inventory as soon as I got there and was checking out the stuff for longer than it should have let me... I don't know if that caused the issue or not, but that is what I was doing at the time. Sorry I don't have a save game to send...and I wish I knew that saving and reloading would work. I just restarted with the last auto save and that was way before I even solved the sponge diet puzzle! (Maybe at least adding an autosave checkpoint when you finished that puzzle woulda been nice.)

• We've got a few saves now. Thanks guys and sorry for the bug.

• @Jake said: We've got a few saves now. Thanks guys and sorry for the bug.

Thats alright, it's inevetible that any game will have a few bugs.

• I didn't have the problem of the bug so it certainly isn't affecting everyone.

• @LeChuck315 said: How am I suppose to get the key from the skeleton? I can't click anything when I'm under the boat. Am I just missing something or is it obvious?

You can't walk in this bit...

• @weesam said: that last see-saw puzzle was MEAN.

Went through all the episodes with hints off, no problem, and got stuck right at the end!

Yep, same here, what's even worse... I checked the walkthrough... and found out that I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to do... but Guybrush isn't stepping where I want him to step... he just says his "at sea. Ha." line, then LeChuck does his punch-travel thing again.

Am I supposed to double click? What is going ON?

• @Pitbull-Threepwood said: Yep, same here, what's even worse... I checked the walkthrough... and found out that I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to do... but Guybrush isn't stepping where I want him to step... he just says his "at sea. Ha." line, then LeChuck does his punch-travel thing again.

Am I supposed to double click? What is going ON?

What have you done so far?

• @ViviFFIX said: What have you done so far?

Ah, good question... you see, I got it to work ONCE... and haven't been able to repeat the success since.

I've done everything I'm supposed to do, the sail, light the cannon, get punched into the right spot... and Guybrush just... says his line... and doesn't do the stepping.

I don't know if I'm just glitching out, which is why it worked ONCE... but never again... which is why I'm thankful I created a savegame AFTER that point.

Still, bothers me... want to know if I just didn't click in the right spot, or if it's a wee little game bug.

• I ran into this issue as well. Are any more saves needed, or do you have it covered?

Add Comment