User Avatar Image

The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

posted by Junaid on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 56.9K users

For those of you who were not a part of the Monkey Island community back in the days, there was a lot of fanart, as can be seen here

I don't know about you guys but I got inspired right away when I saw the Tales of Monkey Island footage and I've been sketching like a madman the past two days.

Any artists in here? I'm curious if we'll see some new ecxiting work. And I of course hope dat some old favorites like Ado will come back to make some more masterpieces :)

2.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @PecanBlue: Awwwwwwwww.... How adorable! :) No wonder it won! ;)

• Maybe her ear lobe has a clasp instead of that ring.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: Desktopped, and many, many thanks! (Still, the Movie-Poster-Style would have been great for the wallpapers as well, title / character names and all...)

Okay, forget it, Laserschwert: I wouldn't have enough space for my desktop symbols then. Still, I'm toying with the idea to have this printed, soooo... do you actually have a picture the same size as your MI2-reworked-cover?

My walls are so empty, although I've been living in that apartment for over a year now... :(

• Just to warn you: I was advised to upload this.
    Blame [Hunter.Wolf] ^^

Morgan.png

• I hope its okay to post multiple pictures. I have a few pieces fan art I've done over the years.

After looking through this thread I feel rather inadequate compared to some of the amazing artists here, but I can't get better if I don't receive any feedback so here i go.

SMI guybrush with pixelblocks
    pixelblocks3.jpg?t=1260820002

CMI kid guybrush, but I ran out of pixel blocks :( *tear*
    pixelblocks1.jpg?t=1260819910

My sad attempt at modeling Guybrush with clay. At least it helped me with my 3d model afterwards
    6611_243276765696_725590696_7635914.jpg?

My 3d CMI wip. Just need his hands and then I need to rig him so I can animate him.
    5891_258643745696_725590696_8017452.jpg?

• @sharper said: I hope its okay to post multiple pictures. I have a few pieces fan art I've done over the years.

After looking through this thread I feel rather inadequate compared to some of the amazing artists here, but I can't get better if I don't receive any feedback so here i go.

pixelblocks1.jpg?t=1260819910

My sad attempt at modeling Guybrush with clay. At least it helped me with my 3d model afterwards
    6611_243276765696_725590696_7635914.jpg?

My 3d CMI wip. Just need his hands and then I need to rig him so I can animate him.
    5891_258643745696_725590696_8017452.jpg?

On that 3D Guybrush, make sure you remove that plasticy-ness when you texture him.

• EDIT:
    @BeeKay84 said: @PecanBlue: Awwwwwwwww.... How adorable! :) No wonder it won! ;)

Well to be fair, the way our game works is someone is the judge and chooses the subject for drawing, then chooses the winner after everyone submits their entries. Then that winner gets to be the judge next and so on. I think I might have won just because the judge was so amused by the reactions to my entry:

[1:24] Brirori: Pecan, where's your entry?
    [1:24] PecanBlu: IT'S UPLOADING SHUT UP ALREADY
    [1:24] Brirori: HURRY!!!!!!!!
    [1:24] Mistressof*****: Pecan is disqualified >: )
    [1:25] PecanBlu: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Kazooie64/My%20Art/Monkey%20Island/ElaineMaya.jpg nope
    [1:25] Mistressof*****: MOTHER OF
    [1:25] Ohnoesbaloney: hahahahahahahajsdhnajf
    [1:26] Mistressof*****: you FILTHY CHEATER
    [1:26] Mistressof*****: Adorable Little Pirate + Adorable Laineykins = GUARANTEED ULTIMATE ADORABLE COMBO
    [1:26] Mistressof*****: this shouldn't be allowed!!!
    [1:26] PecanBlu: quit being a wuss
    [1:26] Brirori: Yeah sorry guys, Pecan beat you all
    [1:26] Ohnoesbaloney: FFFFFFFFFFF
    [1:26] PecanBlu: YEEEEEAAAAA
    [1:26] PecanBlu: since you guys said all those mean things I'm going to make you all draw something terrible now >: (

@BeeKay84 said: Maybe it's sort of like that magic trick with the rings.

Hahaha, I think you just gave me a future fanart idea.

@BeeKay84 said: Just to warn you: I was advised to upload this.
    Blame [Hunter.Wolf] ^^

Mo

Your Morgan is so cute! I like her pose the best, and the clouds in the back are great.

@BeeKay84 said: I hope its okay to post multiple pictures. I have a few pieces fan art I've done over the years.

These are great! It's always nice to see so many different mediums being used, (even the Guybrush head designs look great) it tells a lot about how an artist can easily escape their comfort zone, which is something I feel everyone should try to do via self-discipline. I actually really like the clay model. I'm having a sculpting class next term so I don't know much about it yet and can't critique it properly, same for 3D stuff which I have yet to take, but they both look nice.

• @sharper said:

Why don't they seriously make T-Shorts like these, the pixel cube look would me definite monkey money.

@sharper said:
    Just to warn you: I was advised to upload this.
    Blame [Hunter.Wolf] ^^

Not bad, it could use some improvement but it's not bad. One thing I notice is that the face is really broken up on the side by the hair and it doesn't look right.

• Hey PecanBlue, here's another "D'aaaw!" for your collection :D

That pic of Guybrush's girls is too sweet for words!

Add Comment