User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 19.3K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

564 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I can't believe how many people has struggled with this concept. I thought adventurers were supposed be some of the brighter gamers...

• User Avatar Image
    jmm

@Toothless Gibbon said: I can't believe how many people has struggled with this concept. I thought adventurers were supposed be some of the brighter gamers...

The problem is that not everyone has your knack for lateral thinking (and heavy ordinance)

Nah...
    It's a real pain to continue to see people still saying/posting one or more of the following:
    a) Where is MI5 (Answer: The real question is When. Real Answer: between EfMI and ToMI. OK THAT was a joke, ToMI is the Fifth MI game: PERIOD)
    b) Pretend CoMI and/or EfMI never existed (Answer: They exist, you just don't like them)
    c) Consider CoMI, EfMI and ToMI non-canon (Answer: Regardless of what you'd like as an answer they're part of the official story, ergo it's canon)
    d) Consider CoMI, EfMI and ToMI non-cannon (Answer: You're right, they're not a kind of cannon)
    e) Consider the explanation for LCR's ending given on CoMI wrong/a lie/whatever since it wasn't given by Nor Treblig itself (Answer: It's all subject to interpretation, even what we saw and infer from LCR and what we are told in CoMI)
    f) It would be cool/great/excellent/better/whatever if Ron Gilbert could do an alternative MI3 (Answer: Cool, but pointless. Pissed off fans - probably like yourself - will complain even if a perfect, Ron Gilbert game comes out. If you're still set on complaining about the direction of CoMI and EfMI [And ToMI], it's your opinion, but we will all benefit more if you try to convince George Lucas into creating an alternate Star Wars Episode 1, with NO Jar-Jar, better plot, and less "technical" explanations of the Force, and call it "Enhanced Edition")

• I don't think it's Monkey Island 5 or Monkey Island 6 - it's just Tales of Monkey Island, let's stick with that.

• It's the fifth Monkey Island game to ever be physically made (not counting SMI:SE).

There. Move along. Move along.

• @jmm said: The problem is that not everyone has your knack for lateral thinking (and heavy ordinance)

Nah...
    It's a real pain to continue to see people still saying/posting one or more of the following:
    a) Where is MI5 (Answer: The real question is When. Real Answer: between EfMI and ToMI. OK THAT was a joke, ToMI is the Fifth MI game: PERIOD)

The problem is simply that TTG said multiple times that Tales is not MI5. A lot of people have heard that and not heard that they were joking. You can't hold it against somebody if they haven't encountered the "correct" information, just because they are utilizing the information they were given...Tales is MI5, but it will take time for everyone to filter through who heard the "MI6" joke and be directed to the "correct" information.

@jmm said: c) Consider CoMI, EfMI and ToMI non-canon (Answer: Regardless of what you'd like as an answer they're part of the official story, ergo it's canon)

That's what I said!

@jmm said: d) Consider CoMI, EfMI and ToMI non-cannon (Answer: You're right, they're not a kind of cannon)

p4wn3d. :cool:

@jmm said: It's the fifth Monkey Island game to ever be physically made (not counting SMI:SE).

Special Edition came out 15 July, Tales: LotSN came out 7 July. Tales is still 5th, no matter which way 'round you look at it. :p

• With the ending in Chapter 5 how could they not, you also hear small bits of what happened before tales when he assembled the Cutlass, a possible game to make I think.

• That's a good idea actually. Make the full next season a prequel to ToMI. That way they could introduce a new villain which you have to beat to get the cutlass (maybe some alter-ego of Guybrush that wants to use the power of the cutlass for something else). In the final episode, you get to beat up that other Guybrush that was referred to in episode 4 (let's pretend that just wasn't a joke). And when our Guybrush wins (he always does in the end), the final cutscene sees Guybrush and Elaine sailing into the sunset, with the intention of finding LeChuck.

Heck, they could pretend that the evil Guybrush actually IS LeChuck's younger brother, and that LeChuck mistook you (the good Guybrush) for him! :D

Which in turn makes it possible to make evil Guybrush take over for LeChuck, after getting hands on his soul as a zombie or ghost in a deal with the Voodoo lady (always pulling the strings of balance), and devouring it. And LeChuck is gone for good (or at least for a couple of games), and we have a new returning villain.

• Considering that now Sam & Max season 3 is coming out and newly acquired Back To The Future and Jurassic Park licences, there are two options:
    1) Considering TellTale's hiring, it will come out in 2011 (summer?)
    2) Considering the one-game-a-year frequence, it will come out 2012-2013
    Oh, there's another option!
    3) It won't come out.
    But x-files-2-title-revealed-2.jpg :D

PS: I WANT IT NOW!!!

• What i really would like to see in a sequel would be going back to the Tri Island area and going to familiar islands and seeing old character's.

Add Comment