User Avatar Image

Character model dilemma

posted by Fealiks on - last edited - Viewed by 442 users

If Telltale makes another Monkey Island game (which seems inevitable), then there's a huge dilemma that needs looking at urgently. If you're not sitting down, then find a chair before reading this because the nature of this dilemma will blow your mind.

In every Monkey Island game, Guybrush has looked completely different to his previous version. What do people think about keeping him the same for the next game? Telltale's "tradition" of keeping the same character models (and GUI amongst other things, for that matter) over serieseses seems contrary to Monkey Island's tradition of reinventing itself. To me it might feel kind of weird to have two games in a row that are too similar aesthetically. What do people think?

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i dont mind his main facial features, but i want his coat to be different, although, i do love the coat anyway, itd just be nice to mix things up a bit, hang on, how about showing his coat now, but ravaged and tattered thatd be cool, also as for the GUI, can we get rid of the way we combine items, i must just clicking one on top of the other,

• I don't think there's a good reason to redesign any of the main cast. They just have more individual looking minor characters in season 2.

• I loved th character models for this game, and really dont want to see guybrush change much, unless it was just clothes or something. I think telltale really nailed his personality to a look so to speak

• I say, keep this Guybrush. Yeah, perhaps with some different clothes or something, but keep the model.

Also, I don't think of the changing models as tradition per se, more as a logical result of improving technology and the years between the first four games.

• Edit: first post, double post. Dang.

• I always thought Escape was based on Curses. But thats probably because i played them both pretty much simultaneously. It's all a blur to me...

• I think Elaine could really use a new color scheme. Redheads shouldn't wear pink. Not that I don't get the "he's blue she's pink" idea, but there really wasn't a lot of green in any character' clothing and it's a color that would suit Elaine maybe do a swap for Elaine and Winslow's color schemes? Not that he should wear mauve either, but a nice vermilion seems like it'd suit him.

• Damn Lena, you just KNOW there'll be Winslow wearing pink in fanart now that you said that.

• @punkmario said: i dont mind his main facial features, but i want his coat to be different, although, i do love the coat anyway, itd just be nice to mix things up a bit, hang on, how about showing his coat now, but ravaged and tattered thatd be cool, also as for the GUI, can we get rid of the way we combine items, i must just clicking one on top of the other,

I agree with all of this :)

• @Lena_P said: I think Elaine could really use a new color scheme. Redheads shouldn't wear pink. Not that I don't get the "he's blue she's pink" idea, but there really wasn't a lot of green in any character' clothing and it's a color that would suit Elaine maybe do a swap for Elaine and Winslow's color schemes? Not that he should wear mauve either, but a nice vermilion seems like it'd suit him.

You know what all the reddies should wear?

Black. Mfmf.

Add Comment