User Avatar Image

Public Telltale Tool for DIY Adventure games!?

posted by jp-30 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.6K users

Joystiq

Modding? They need to ensure that licensed properties are treated the way their owners want. For example, they can't allow Phone Bone to do things Jeff Smith wouldn't want. They do plan to create a community focused tool to create your own adventure games.

:eek:

EEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I would pay good money for that tool.

64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Pale Man said: Wow, digging back almost 2 years in the vault for this thread.

And an embarrassing thread, at that... At least, for me. Did I honestly think that the TTT would be as user-friendly as AGS?

Of course, that was dated a month after I turned 21, so I was often drunk at the time... :p

• Hi, I saw this increase of interest in developing you own 3D adventure games, and I would like to use opportunity to do little advertisement, I hope this doesn't offend anyone :)

I'm developing such a tool, called Dage, (Dog Adventure Game Engine).

With Dage one can create fully scripted free 3D adventure games with no or little pain.

See Dage documentation for more information

You can post questions related to Dage in

Dage forum
    , so this doesn't get off-topic.

Dage is certainly not the same level of quality as Telltales Engine, and not even finished yet, but it is growing steadily and is starting to gear up a quite a nice set of tools.

Pauli Suuraho
    Developer of Dage

• I cant figure out, will this tool be made public or not?

• @Loki Farbaute said: I cant figure out, will this tool be made public or not?

Not for a while, if ever.

• Maybe around 2025, when people look at the Telltale Tool the same way we look now at the SCUMM Engine and DOS.

• Wow, how come I missed this??
    Think of the possibilities! "I wonder what happens in Tales of Monkey Island Season 2" made with the ACTUAL TT Tool! Hehe... Less work for Majus, more work for Suro.

...not me, I just compose and voice act. :p

• Please I want that tool Telltale! Give it!
    I mean it,
    Seriously

• @Pauli Suuraho said: Hi, I saw this increase of interest in developing you own 3D adventure games, and I would like to use opportunity to do little advertisement, I hope this doesn't offend anyone :)

I'm developing such a tool, called Dage, (Dog Adventure Game Engine).

With Dage one can create fully scripted free 3D adventure games with no or little pain.

See Dage documentation for more information

You can post questions related to Dage in

Dage forum
    , so this doesn't get off-topic.

Dage is certainly not the same level of quality as Telltales Engine, and not even finished yet, but it is growing steadily and is starting to gear up a quite a nice set of tools.

Pauli Suuraho
    Developer of Dage

Ive checked the demo game and Im Very Impressed , possibly the closest thing to an all 3D Point N Click Engine out there (that Ive found anyway)

All the Telltale games say ' Made with the Telltale Tool ' which sounds exciting and yes I'd love to see what it can do but while its still a currently used tool thats making commercial games and making money , it wouldnt make much sence for them to release it to the public and 'potential rivals' , so I wont hold my breath for it to be released ;)

• As I said in the other thread about T3, I hope it never gets released to the public because it will only cause a flood of games with MS-paint quality graphics (or graphics ripped from a popular game like HL) which have no logical plot, and which work only to give the game industry and TTG/T3 a bad name.

If you REALLY want to build a game, prove your commited to it and write your own engine. I tried, I made a hellova lot of progress, but I realized I wasnt committed enough at the time. (I do still piddle with it and may one day finish it, no idea) If you dont have that level of determination you have no right to be making games.

Add Comment